Accessing ERPNext from remote location for Noobs

Hi

So basically i am a complete noob. I have somehow managed to install Ubuntu Server 14.04 on my machine and install ERPNext on it (my first achievement). The problem now i face is that my small business has two office locations. I have my server in one and i want to access ERPNext from the other office. I have come this far with the help of this community and Google and was wondering if you guys could further guide me.

Thanks.

If you’re hosting from a computer in an office. You need to:

• Port forward the port 80 on your router to your machine
  • Have a static IP / setup a DYDNS service
  • Optional (setup a domain name for your IP)
  • You should be able to access your setup by accessing your IP / DyDns domain

If you don’t want to deal with all that hassle, you can just setup a VPS on Digital Ocean, you’ll get an publicly accessible IP from them.

Sorry, I realized I’ve just thrown a bunch of techno-babble at you, but you can easily find info regarding this using Google, if you have any doubts, let me know. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you so much @vjFaLk for the quick response. Unfortunately i can’t pursue commercial solutions due to financial reasons. Thanks for the Steps to follow. As i have mentioned that i am noob in this domain so i am going to google all these steps to get in detail instructions. In the meanwhile if you remember some other information that might help this particular case please do tell. Thank you again.

Now, thing is, there is a chance that your computer might not be accessible
from outside the network at all without a static IP. In that case you’ll
have to get in touch with your ISP.

Also, Digital Ocean has a coupon for new account (DROPLET10) that gives you
$10 of credit, so maybe if you want to be up and running right now, you can
create a $10 droplet and use it for a month.