Assign issue automatically to it's creator or owner

what script should i use To automatically assign an issue in ERPNext to its owner

Hi @hayyan_daood,

If you haven’t checked then check it documentation.

Thank You!

1 Like

Hi @NCP
i did checked the documentation , i know about “Only If Creator” in Role Permissions Manager .
But what i am trying to do is showing the current user only the issues he created And the issues assigned to him by his manager .

Hi:

Create an assignment rule (search on awesome bar), this way:

This will assign the issue to the owner on issue creation. Play with it :slight_smile:
Hope this helps.

1 Like

Hi @avc
I did that but the problem the current user still can see all issues created by other users .
I want to make the the current user see issues he created and issues assigned to him by other people .
is that possible ??

Go to role permission manager and use the Only If Creator option:

https://docs.erpnext.com/docs/v13/user/manual/en/setting-up/users-and-permissions/role-based-permissions

@avc … thank you for your response .
I thought of doing assignment rule but it conflicts with another assignment rule i created before , which can assign maintenance manager automatically depending on issue type .

Ex :
Any user add an issue with issue type “AC is Down” … it automatically assign maintenance manager to this issue …

Is there a way to make the assignment rule send assignment for the owner as well .

So the owner when create an issue with “AC is Down” type two assigns will be created automatically at the same time …

Thats what i am looking for …
Thankyou!

Hi:

As far I know, you can’t assign to 2 users at same time with assignment rule. Even you create 2 rules, priority will determine wich rule is applied. Probably you will need some customization with client script on form, or server script based on event.

Here some clues:

Hope this helps.

You will achieved that behaviour by creating a User Permission for these documents assigned to the user. This will limit visibility although you will need a script to trigger the creation of user perms if a document is assigned or created by the user, in other words, you will have to combine Assignment Rules, Only if Creator opt and User Permissions.