How do you reliably do a fail safe backup of ERPnext (and a restore, if computer gets destroyed) with it running on windows 10 and virtualbox deployed in a commercial environment. 100% reliability is an ABSOLUTE must.
I am sure that, whether you search this forum for terms
… you’ll find what you are looking for. Tried it?
i did in the help file
If you are using Virtualbox there are a few options
- Create a snapshot regularly of the VM
- Copy the entire VM to an external drive
- In the event anything happens you simply re-import your VM to Virtualbox
If you wish to back up ERPNext itself:
- The system already does so and you can find the files in Settings > Download backups
- If you wish to do your own backups, you can use the bench command for that
- If you wish to do you own scheduled backups couple the bench command with a cron job
- The Bench command also does the restore side as well and you can find all the commands here
Hope this helps
- Download Backup from VirtualBox Installation - #3 by krnkris
- Newbie: How to backup? - #9 by asharamseervi
- "Manage Third Party Backup" option is missing, schedule the database backup and https issue - #2 by saidsl
I hope it may help.