Biometric Attendance Sync Tool

Log File is able to show these details

2022-01-25 22:44:46,443	INFO	Mission Accomplished!
2022-01-25 22:45:46,492	INFO	Cleared for lift off!
2022-01-25 22:45:46,493	INFO	Processing Device: ADGE194860542
2022-01-25 22:45:46,593	INFO	192.168.213.70	Device Disable Attempted. Result:	True

Can you share the contents of the error.log file? the answer to this mystery could be in there.

2022-01-21 14:39:01,198	ERROR	exception when calling pull_process_and_push_data function for device{"device_id": "ADGE194860542", "ip": "192.168.213.70", "punch_direction": "", "clear_from_device_on_fetch": ""}
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\gm\Desktop\biometric-attendance-sync-tool-v1.0-win64\biometric-attendance-sync-tool-v1.0-win64\erpnext_sync.py", line 51, in main
    pull_process_and_push_data(device, device_attendance_logs)
  File "C:\Users\gm\Desktop\biometric-attendance-sync-tool-v1.0-win64\biometric-attendance-sync-tool-v1.0-win64\erpnext_sync.py", line 129, in pull_process_and_push_data
    raise Exception('API Call to ERPNext Failed.')
Exception: API Call to ERPNext Failed.
2022-01-21 14:40:05,007	ERROR	Error during ERPNext API Call.	55	1642626134.0	ADGE194860542		Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "apps/frappe/frappe/app.py", line 59, in application
    frappe.api.validate_auth()
  File "apps/frappe/frappe/api.py", line 173, in validate_auth
    validate_auth_via_api_keys(authorization_header)
  File "apps/frappe/frappe/api.py", line 228, in validate_auth_via_api_keys
    validate_api_key_secret(api_key, api_secret, authorization_source)
  File "apps/frappe/frappe/api.py", line 244, in validate_api_key_secret
    doc_secret = frappe.utils.password.get_decrypted_password(doctype, doc, fieldname='api_secret')
  File "apps/frappe/frappe/utils/password.py", line 62, in get_decrypted_password
    frappe.throw(_("Password not found"), frappe.AuthenticationError)
  File "apps/frappe/frappe/__init__.py", line 439, in throw
    msgprint(msg, raise_exception=exc, title=title, indicator='red', is_minimizable=is_minimizable, wide=wide, as_list=as_list)
  File "apps/frappe/frappe/__init__.py", line 418, in msgprint
    _raise_exception()
  File "apps/frappe/frappe/__init__.py", line 372, in _raise_exception
    raise raise_exception(msg)
frappe.exceptions.AuthenticationError: Password not found

How to fixed this issue
e

I have error code 1053
ee

the text in your screenshot is not visible so it is hard for anyone to see the error and help you out

@flexy2ky Thanks for your reply, I hope this will clear
ww

q

The ERPNext Biometric Push Service service failed to start due to the following error:
The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

the push service is buggy at the moment and has not been fixed. you have to manually run the sync process. to do this, open command line and go to the root directory of the biometric sync tool then run this command:

python erpnext_sync.py

This should get the service running

1 Like

Thanks @flexy2ky
Its already fetch data from biometric device but not push to server because the service not work

open the logs folder and share the contents of both logs.txt and error.txt files. The reason for not syncing will be in either or both of them.

And i have this into json file:
[{“uid”: 52295, “user_id”: “19”, “timestamp”: 1647358068.0, “status”: 15, “punch”: 0}]

I will searched in google and i tried sooo mutch for that and try with more than way like:

Can someone help me with that? @flexy2ky

How did you get the data from biometric device?

first thing first, on windows you need to install Python first with Path available in Env. variable.

after that it’s pretty simple. but if your installation is having issue or path, you’ll end up in similar situation which you are facing now.

to resolve the issue, first try to run the sync tool erpnext_sync.py file from attendance folder and if any error appears, share it for more help.

1 Like

From Run this script using python erpnext_sync.py

Thanks @adnan but i did that using python erpnext_sync.py and sysnc work for fetch data from the biometric device put not push because service not working

1 Like

I asked you to share the content of error.txt contained in the logs folder as the error preventing the sync process from completing will be there but you’re not sharing. I don’t think I will be able to assist you if I cannot see any error generated by the system.