Can't get app on my instance

Hello Team

I have just setup an instance and i am trying to install apps on it but i am faced with the error message below and its same for other applications too. please an urgent help is required

/frappe-bench$ bench get-app GitHub - ESS-LLP/process-manufacturing: PROCESS MANUFACTURING
INFO:bench.app:getting app oztro
INFO:bench.utils:git clone GitHub - ESS-LLP/process-manufacturing: PROCESS MANUFACTURING --depth 1 --origin upstream
Cloning into ‘oztro’…
remote: Counting objects: 58, done.
remote: Compressing objects: 100% (38/38), done.
remote: Total 58 (delta 16), reused 37 (delta 13), pack-reused 0
Unpacking objects: 100% (58/58), done.
Checking connectivity… done.
(‘installing’, u’process_manufacturing’)
INFO:bench.app:installing process_manufacturing
INFO:bench.utils:./env/bin/pip install -q -e ./apps/process_manufacturing --no-cache-dir
Command “python setup.py egg_info” failed with error code 1 in /home/ubuntu/frappe-bench/apps/process_manufacturing/
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/local/bin/bench”, line 11, in
load_entry_point(‘bench’, ‘console_scripts’, ‘bench’)()
File “/home/frappe/.bench/bench/cli.py”, line 40, in cli
bench_command()
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/click/core.py”, line 722, in call
return self.main(*args, **kwargs)
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/click/core.py”, line 697, in main
rv = self.invoke(ctx)
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/click/core.py”, line 1066, in invoke
return _process_result(sub_ctx.command.invoke(sub_ctx))
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/click/core.py”, line 895, in invoke
return ctx.invoke(self.callback, **ctx.params)
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/click/core.py”, line 535, in invoke
return callback(*args, **kwargs)
File “/home/frappe/.bench/bench/commands/make.py”, line 40, in get_app
get_app(git_url, branch=branch)
File “/home/frappe/.bench/bench/app.py”, line 135, in get_app
install_app(app=app_name, bench_path=bench_path, verbose=verbose)
File “/home/frappe/.bench/bench/app.py”, line 179, in install_app
find_links=find_links))
File “/home/frappe/.bench/bench/utils.py”, line 159, in exec_cmd
raise CommandFailedError(cmd)
bench.utils.CommandFailedError: ./env/bin/pip install -q -e ./apps/process_manufacturing --no-cache-dir

I think this issue is a bug on the recent update…

I have another instance i have setup in a while and i just tried installing on that instance and the apps ran successfully. I then uninstalled, did a bench update and tried installing a again then i get the errors again…

The erpnext team has to look into this urgently…

@rohit_w

Any idea on fix for this

@EnSeal

Some pip or python requirements missing?

You may use this instal process:

(AT)vinhnguyent090 is probably your best bet (he has solved many pip related problems) - but it is not polite to tag people directly.
Maybe look up his profile and see the solutions he has created for similar problems

My apologies…

1 Like

Hello thanks for your prompt response… I have run several clean installations and still arrived at same result. I don’t think the issue is with the installation.

Like I said I had an old instance I tried installing apps on, it installed perfectly after which I uninstalled then did bench update and tried same process and I ended with same error msg.

I can’t say for sure, but I think the old instance(s) were running pip v9.0.3, which gave very few errors. The more recent version have pip v10+ or v18, which seems to give the error 1 (permissions) problem, but Vincent is good/successful at solving those problems

@trentmu thank you for the hint…do you know Vincent’s handle so i can send him a message

replace (AT) with @ - remember to be nice and to not abuse his good nature :slight_smile:

What happens if you run

$ ./env/bin/pip install -e ./apps/process_manufacturing

Any more verbous error?

1 Like

Hi @EnSeal
You can try this https://discuss.frappe.io/t/error-installing-app-with-command-get-app-env-bin-pip-install-q-e-apps-rrhh-no-cache-dir/907/2

this is the error when i run above script

Obtaining file:///home/ubuntu/frappe-bench/apps/process_manufacturing
Complete output from command python setup.py egg_info:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “”, line 1, in
File “/home/ubuntu/frappe-bench/apps/process_manufacturing/setup.py”, line 3, in
from pip.req import parse_requirements
ImportError: No module named req

----------------------------------------

Command “python setup.py egg_info” failed with error code 1 in /home/ubuntu/frappe-bench/apps/process_manufacturing/

This is a known compatibility issue with pip > v9.

In your setup.py, replace

with

try: # for pip >= 10
   from pip._internal.req import parse_requirements
except ImportError: # for pip <= 9.0.3

then try again and it will work.

3 Likes

thanks all for the tip…Downgrading the pip version from 18.0 to 9.0.3 solved my issue

2 Likes