Concern: Handling Bank Deduction in Customer Payment Entry

Hi Forum Team,

I have a scenario where I receive a payment from a customer, let’s say USD 1000 against a sales invoice. However, the amount received in my bank account is USD 990 after deducting bank charges of USD 10. Could you please advise on how to create a customer payment entry against the sales invoice? I want the bank account to reflect USD 990, the customer account to show USD 1000, and the deducted USD 10 to be recorded in the bank charges account. I attempted to use the ‘Deduction/Less’ option in the payment entry, but it sums up USD 1000 and USD 10, which is incorrect.

Thanks!
With Best Regards,
Amol

You can handle this similar to TDS, just change the account in the deduction accordingly. You can go through this discuss link for more details.

Thanks @Pawan!
I have already attempted the same, but the system appears to display incorrect ledger entries. Please refer to the attached screenshot. The amount received from the customer is USD 8875, and deduction of USD 40 by the bank. Consequently, in the bank’s current account, it should reflect USD 8835 and Bank Charges USD 40, with the total amount being USD 8875. Am I missing any settings or can provide further advice on this matter, please?

I think your settings of GL accounts being used maybe incorrect. Also, check paid amount and allocated amount values in your Payment entry.

Hi @Pawan, Apologies for delay in respond! I am not sure what GL accounts settings to do. Because, I am using standard ERPNext Chart of Accounts and no changes done for GL account Bank Charges. Just used in Deduction/Less section as it is. Is there any specific things to check on GL account that you can advise?
Thanks!
With Best Regards,
Amol

I think you are wrongly adding 40(Bank Charges) to your Accounts Receivables, you can look at your Foreign Inward Remittance Certificate (FIRC) and account for it correctly via JV.

1. manually input paid amount 8835,
  2. manually change the allocated from 8835 to 8875
  3. manually input the bank charge account in payment deduction or loss child table.