Do we need a seperate registration for the development sprint?
Count me in too please!
Really happy announce that KJ Somaiya College of Engineering is giving is a 150 seater hall for the code sprint (at no cost!) . Thanks to @revant_one for setting this up.
I am in too
I am changing my travel arrangements to be there for the 2 day sprint.
Here is the webform where you can submit what would you like to work on or have potentially planned for the developer sprint: https://erpnext.org/developer-sprint
PS: we do hope to get exact number of participants by next week, 16th of October, so we can make some arrangements at the venue accordingly
Shaakiriin LLP, 1 Person
It seems we will have close to 70/80 people at the sprint, which is awesome. I can see lots of non developers here so listing out a few things non-devs can help with:
- Documentation Sprint: Find documentation gaps and help fill them (@umair can you come up with a list) .
- GitHub Issue Sprint: Review open GitHub issues (there are 1600 of them!), try and replicate issues, if they are old, close them, if they are still open, tag them as a bug
- Bug Squashing Sprint: Developers can fix and close all issues tagged as “bug”
- Testing Sprint: Test a module end-to-end and report issues, developers can work towards improving test coverage.
- Module roadmap sprint: Pick out a module (say CRM / Accounting) and group all issues into a roadmap. Spec out issues that are not clearly defined (in the issue itself) with mockups and detailed designs.
- Article Sprint: Write general help articles (good quality / original) for ERP so we can have a good articles section at ERPNext.org that will bring us web-traffic.
There are lots of things we can start with. Looking forward to two days of contributions!
I’m in - 1 Dev
Here is the document listing ERPNext feature for which we can add or enhance user manual pages. You are welcome to suggest/comment about a feature or which document is not upto the mark or missing completely. We will be glad to add it to the list. I would wish to have module committees teaming up to review and update manual for the specific module. Let’s see how it evolves.
Myself and @jamsheer joining.
It’s good to see a participation of about 70-80 people for the developer sprint. As per security requirements at the venue, we NEED to give them a list of all attendees prior to the event.
So I request those who haven’t taken a swing at the form yet, to fill up the form with your details asap (hopefully today itself) :
This will help us a ton to conduct the event proceedings smoothly!
I M ALSO INTERESTED TO developer conf meet up
Please let us know what development environment we should have for the 2 day conference. I mean erpnext develop branch or staging branch or both. What branch / version we should have on our laptop. Thanks!
Can we get a start time?
yes it’s very important for those who will join remotely
Venue: K.J. Somaiya College of Engineering (5th Floor), Vidyavihar
Event starts at 9.30am
Will be there.