Cost of good sold used when i receive items

i do not understand what is the relation between the cogs account and Currency Precision

1 Like

Neither do I

This is a problem I find difficult to trace a reason for.

Really perplexing

2 Likes

There’s absolutely no relation between these two. All your settings are correct. I would be able to assist if I could see what exactly are you doing. Contact me on shakeel.viam@gmail.com

1 Like

Thank you I will connect with you soon.

1 Like

Could you please double check Expense Account in Item Child Table in the Purchase Receipt?
You can download CSV and find out the field. I guess it indicates COGS instead of Stock Received But Not Billed.

This matter is resulted from Currency Precision so when it happens, the system checks the expense account in the child table and closes the difference in the mentioned account.

1 Like

Did you reach any solution?i face same problem

1 Like

Hello,
Is there any solution for this?

In the mean time, I decide to change the amount in journal manually from table tabGL Entry
and delete the COGS account.
But I don’t know the impact to other

1 Like

Any Update for the solution, I tried to recreate the items, re-entering the purchase and sales invoices, allow and prevent negative stock value, NOTHING,
The only thing that affecting it, when I changed the price/rate of the item, to less Precision, 0.26488 to 0.3.
I am using v.14.6

how you did that?

Just in case if anyone ended up here again? this value is the difference between the Incoming Rate and the valuation rate… which seems to be okay to keep it

First you need to know what is the valuation rate and income rate?

For example if you have an Item, lets call it X with quantity of 5 pieces, its valuation rate is 0.2, so it would give you a total of 1. But, in this specific Purchase Receipt this item X, has an Incoming rate 0.3, which will give you a total of 1.5. This 0.5 is what being debited or credited from the COGS.