Custom Fields & DocTypes

Hi,

I have downloaded ERPNext ver 4.

I’m trying to create a Custom Field for Customer TIN No.

I have added this custom field in Customer and am trying to link into it in Delivery Note and Sales Invoice. I have used the same field name, but I’m having challenges in getting the TIN No. populated into the Delivery Note and the Sales Invoice once it has been entered into the Customer field.

When I look for help on your website I see the part where your website at https://erpnext.com/user-guide/customize-erpnext/custom-field says To understand Custom Fields in detail, visit DocType- Fields and the Doc Type-Fields is hyperlinked to ERPNext: Free and Open Source Cloud ERP Software. That link doesnt work anymore, so is there anyway you guys and publish that document again and send me the link?

Best regards

Jay

You can check this very similar thread:

Hi Nabin,

Thank you for your prompt response. Looks like this will address my Custom Field issue. Will this script support both Pull and Push of the VAT information?

For my understanding would you please be able to address this part of my post - “To understand Custom Fields in detail, visit DocType- Fields and the Doc Type-Fields is hyperlinked to ERPNext: Free and Open Source Cloud ERP Software. That link doesnt work anymore, so is there anyway you guys and publish that document again and send me the link?”.

Thanks again

J

Currently there are no other links for Custom Fields. But we are working on the documentation, it will be released soon.