Data import for Single doctype child table

Hello,

I have close to 3,000 rows I need to add to a child table. The child table as linked to a Single doctype. When I check the “Allow with Data Import” checkbox it is automatically unchecked when I save the configuration.

There is also no “Upload” button on the table visually.

Has anyone had experience with this?

Hello dj12,

Could you manage to make your Data import work?

if so, can you tell me how you did it?

Go to the customize form and check “Allow Bulk Entry” for the Child Table. After that you will be able to see Download and Upload Button underneath the Table. You can Download the Template in CSV file, add the data and then Upload the file.

Hmm, I tried looking for “Allow Bulk Entry” , but didn’t find one like this specific, would “Allow Bulk Edit” work like this?

same form:
Part 1

Part 2

Apparently, it’s only a child table, that links with the Guardian Doctype.

This is the Exception I get when I try to add a new Student(and also his Guardian) in the same import

Error:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “apps/frappe/frappe/core/doctype/data_import/importer.py”, line 149, in import_data
doc = self.process_doc(doc)
File “apps/frappe/frappe/core/doctype/data_import/importer.py”, line 243, in process_doc
return self.insert_record(doc)
File “apps/frappe/frappe/core/doctype/data_import/importer.py”, line 262, in insert_record
new_doc.insert()
File “apps/frappe/frappe/model/document.py”, line 287, in insert
self._validate()
File “apps/frappe/frappe/model/document.py”, line 554, in _validate
self._validate_mandatory()
File “apps/frappe/frappe/model/document.py”, line 899, in _validate_mandatory
raise frappe.MandatoryError(
frappe.exceptions.MandatoryError: [Student, EDU-STU-2024-00012]: guardian

Any tips you can advice me to help fix this problem?

Can you share the field list of Guardian DocType? There must be something missing in the data you are adding that is Mandatory for the DocType.

Sure Nirvisha,

Here’s where I add a new Guardian manually, through Student Doctype:

and those are the fields in Student Guardian:

One thing is that “Guardian” field is a Link to the guardian’s Doctype, and when I insert a “Guardian Name” it’ll fetch from Guardian, So I can create a new one or use one that already exists.

Guardian Field:

OBS when I add a guardian in “Guardian Name” field, it brings an ID in “Guardian” field.

Guardian Name field:

I tried to bring max information about the fields, so you can try to help me. haha

Just to correct one information, about the Guardian,

I can create a new guardian through “Guardian” field, and the “Guardian Name” automatically fetchs the name from Guardian ID specified in the “Guardian” field, whether it already exists or a new one created.

Hello,
First, ensure you have a list of Guardians already in the ERP. You can import this list using the Data Import feature. You can not directly create new one while importing data in child table.

Then you can Import Child Table Data, Make sure all mandatory fields are added. (Guardian, Guardian Name, Telephone, EMail). The Guardian field takes the ID, it should be same as in the ERP, example EDU-GRD-2024-00002

You will have to add other fields linked with the Guardian DocType (e.g., Guardian Name). It will not auto fetch while importing.

Oh, I realized that, my problem is that as you said creating a Student via data import, doesn’t create directly the Guardian, so I had to first create the Guardian, then get his info, and create the Student.

I’m trying to find a way to aumate it, to be easier.

Thanks a lot for your help Nirvinsha, and your patience!

Have a good one!