Discounts

Robert, Soren,

This discussion has become very murky now :) From what we understand the issues are:

1. Ability to book the full rate as Income and discounted amount as Expense.
2. Ability to show net discount as a line-item below the item table and above the tax table and show the Price List Rate in the items table.

Am I correct?

best,
Rushabh

T: @rushabh_mehta

On 14-Jun-2013, at 1:17 AM, robert <be...@gmail.com> wrote:

The hint in the Manual that says Sales Taxes .. could be used for Discounts ist missleading i think. >>> agree 200%

** Like in Germany we have to VATs in NL, 6% and 21 % (yessss!!!). BUT my taxes work fine.

May be I can use Soeren's script.

One tip other tip Europeans may use. In the tax table all taxes are entered twice , positive and negative.
I buy a lot in Germany and that the Intereuropean tax template records the taxes in to account heads that level out to zero. So i do record the ïntercommunity VAT but the accounting sum is zero (since i do not pay vat when i buy in germany or elsewhere in the EU

On Monday, June 10, 2013 1:43:12 PM UTC+2, Slava wrote:
Hi there!
We're struggling to meet requirements of auditors and now we're stuck with discount issue. We need it to be shown in the invoice (as total discount amount) and we also need it to be accounted as expense, so we can print ledger of discounts. We're using discount column and find it very comfortable, because we often have different discounts in one invoice. Unfortunately this way doesn't give us possibility to see total discount and also to make discount ledger. 
One solution could be to put discount line into Taxes and Charges, put actual type and tick Tax included in Basic Rate, but the program doesn't allow this. 
Kindly suggest some solution.

Best wishes,
Slava

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “ERPNext User’s Forum” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un…@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ERPNext User's Forum" group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un...@googlegroups.com.

Hi Sören,

The net total issue has been resolved in our upcoming release.

We have added a new field net_total_export to store net total with inclusive tax, and the field net_total will store net total exclusive of tax.

Though this doesn't completely remove the ambiguity, it does make it more specific.

Thanks,
Anand.

On 13-Jun-2013, at 2:24 PM, Sören H. Biere <Ko...@SHB-Technologie.de> wrote:

As an example  i added my custom script for Sales Invoice.
I know that this is not a nice way of doing it but i really wanted to force the mechanics i doing what i needed for testing purpose:
The refresh function could be ígnored as i had to add a way of using gross as net prices for special customers.
(simplification of different Price Lists.)

In the update_fname_table the following is adding Discount to item table:

if(doc.my_discount>0&&doc.my_discount<99&&flt(cl[i].adj_rate)==0) {
     set_multiple(tname, cl[i].name, {
      'adj_rate': doc.my_discount
     }, fname);
    }

At this point is refinement needed because there maybe one items that should be 0 Discount.
I Image a flag "no_discount" that could be added.

In the calc_doc_values there was a Little Adaption because of misscalculated net_totals on tax-included-item-prices
that i mentioned earlier:

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “ERPNext User’s Forum” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un…@googlegroups.com.

<Sales-Invoice-CustomScript.txt>

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ERPNext User's Forum" group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un...@googlegroups.com.

Hi Anand,

thank you very much. That ist the same as i understood your last answer in the other thread.
As soon as i got the new release is out  i will remove my customization.
I only wanted to explain the little modification as anyone may struggle with the issue of needing a sum without tax printed
and makes use of price-list-rates with tax included.

Best regards,
Sören

:-) Hi Rushabh,

1. i agree.
2. i agree.

As i have seen in the threads around the most questions deal with some kind of default discount
and get tax problems with the, in then manual mentioned, solution using Sales Tax Masters.
So maybe it would be usefull to give a hint that if default discounts are needed, someone either has to
 - make custom solution with cust. fields & script
 - get custom configuration from yours
 - or offering some kind of Default Discount field in Docs in a future release (will never meet everones needs, but is an extendable startingpoint)
Only in my opinion all discounts,whatever they may come from (customer, custom Group, item),  should take the way over the docs item tables adj_rate column
as this allows later adjustment of Default discounts per item.

I think tha was what Slava (and me) struggled with:
"Yes, we have standard discounts. It would be real solution if each item can have specified discount. But as I just experimented if I have 5 items in the invoice and one of them has -5% specified in item table and I set -10% discount on net total, it doesn't make any change, all items get -10% discount. Where's my mistake?"

Best regards Sören

On Friday, June 14, 2013 11:26:40 AM UTC+2, Rushabh Mehta wrote:
Robert, Soren,

This discussion has become very murky now :) From what we understand the issues are:

2. Ability to show net discount as a line-item below the item table and above the tax table and show the Price List Rate in the items table.

Am I correct?

best,
Rushabh

The hint in the Manual that says Sales Taxes .. could be used for Discounts ist missleading i think. >>> agree 200%

** Like in Germany we have to VATs in NL, 6% and 21 % (yessss!!!). BUT my taxes work fine.

One tip other tip Europeans may use. In the tax table all taxes are entered twice , positive and negative.
I buy a lot in Germany and that the Intereuropean tax template records the taxes in to account heads that level out to zero. So i do record the ïntercommunity VAT but the accounting sum is zero (since i do not pay vat when i buy in germany or elsewhere in the EU

Hi there!
We're struggling to meet requirements of auditors and now we're stuck with discount issue. We need it to be shown in the invoice (as total discount amount) and we also need it to be accounted as expense, so we can print ledger of discounts. We're using discount column and find it very comfortable, because we often have different discounts in one invoice. Unfortunately this way doesn't give us possibility to see total discount and also to make discount ledger. 
One solution could be to put discount line into Taxes and Charges, put actual type and tick Tax included in Basic Rate, but the program doesn't allow this. 

Best wishes,
Slava

Soren / Robert / Slava,

Thanks for summarising - we will surely work on these in the upcoming release.

I think if #1 and #2 are fixed then it solves a big problem. #2 is actually a print format (visualization) issue. A custom print format should be able to fix this. For #1 we will need to updated the backend code.

Standard discounts for each product is a new issue (#3) though it beats me why would you have a standard discount rather than have a reduced price (?)

I think there is more to it too, like volume based discounting. A more comprehensive solution certainly needs to be worked at.

I have updated Anand's issue on GitHub (https://github.com/webnotes/erpnext/issues/471)

Please add comments there if I am missing anything. Once we have full clarity, we can work on this.

best,
Rushabh

On Fri, Jun 14, 2013 at 3:29 PM, Sören H. Biere <Ko...@shb-technologie.de> wrote:
:-) Hi Rushabh,
1. i agree.
2. i agree.
As i have seen in the threads around the most questions deal with some kind of default discount
and get tax problems with the, in then manual mentioned, solution using Sales Tax Masters.
So maybe it would be usefull to give a hint that if default discounts are needed, someone either has to
- make custom solution with cust. fields & script
- get custom configuration from yours
- or offering some kind of Default Discount field in Docs in a future release (will never meet everones needs, but is an extendable startingpoint)
Only in my opinion all discounts,whatever they may come from (customer, custom Group, item), should take the way over the docs item tables adj_rate column
as this allows later adjustment of Default discounts per item.
I think tha was what Slava (and me) struggled with:
"Yes, we have standard discounts. It would be real solution if each item can have specified discount. But as I just experimented if I have 5 items in the invoice and one of them has -5% specified in item table and I set -10% discount on net total, it doesn't make any change, all items get -10% discount. Where's my mistake?"
Best regards Sören

On Friday, June 14, 2013 11:26:40 AM UTC+2, Rushabh Mehta wrote:
Robert, Soren,

Am I correct?

best,
Rushabh

Hi there!
One solution could be to put discount line into Taxes and Charges, put actual type and tick Tax included in Basic Rate, but the program doesn't allow this.

Best wishes,
Slava

--

Twitter: @rushabh_mehta