Do I need other crm?

Hi all,

I know erpnext has crm too. But when I found this yesterday OroCrm, it has better integrations to ecommerce engines out there e.g. magento
https://www.orocrm.com/ecommerce-crm

I wonder, should I still use OroCRM and get it integrated to ERPNext?

or should I just use ERPNext all the way?

Thanks.

i see, so basically i don’t need other crm :slight_smile:

@ericmachine88 I agree oro is awesome but erpnext gives you more of a overview for the whole business and the fact that oro doesn’t do invoice for anything other than magneto. If you have alot of items and are for sure using magneto look into https://www.akeneo.com. I saves alot of time. If haven’t heard of mautic you should look at that as well.

will akeneo work with erpnext? i am not sure why i need akeneo, couldn’t erpnext do all this? and get magento to sync to erpnext for product management?

It was basically made for magento so it could sync items to magneto then to erpnext. using the gist above(Sample ERPNext Magento Connector · GitHub). That is how i have it setup for a retailer.

You dont need it and yes erpnext will handle PIM but i find it hard for large magento stores. I have a retailer that deals with 1000’s of items and I found it hard to do it all with erpment. A tree view for PIM really does work miracles for manageability.

1 Like

if i understand correctly

you have

magento for ecommerce
erpnext for erp
akeneo sync products to both magento and erpnext

so it means i only need to create product 1 time at akeneo and then it will push updates to magento and erpnext? is this how it supposed to work?

but having this way, there’s so many logins for the procurement team. They have to login to akenoe and erpnext right?

I try to open this link, but seems like not found.
Is this link still valid?

@ericmachine88 You got it. but the sync is akeneo → mangento → erpnext.

They would have to but i would setup oauth for SSO if these are your only 3 sites you are going to have them use.

i watch the tutorial, but it seems akeneo acts in the middle…

plus akeneo doesn’t really store any product quantity

i still don’t see what benefits do it bring to the table, to be honest

It more or less sits on the side for the best way to put it. It is only a suggestion. I don’t know how many products you will have. How any categories. subcategories, subcategories that are nested. The retailer that I deal with does clothing and 1000s of items and it saves them 20 - 30 hours in a months time.

yeah, i have a fair bits of products…

actually when you say saves them 20 - 30 hours … can you explain more?

as you could also create product in erpnext, what differs by creating products in akeneo? plus you need to sync to erpnext then need to enter the stock quantity at erpnext … just don’t see how akeneo can save time?

i saw the video, maybe you can save time when you need to translate the product name which makes sense, plus when changing name or price can trigger a workflow… can’t this be done on erpnext too?

What takes them so much time is the fact they can add items on one screen. The software was made to manage large ecommerse sites. They have some items nested 4 or 5 levels. For the stock levels they used GitHub - Agence-DnD/PIMGento: PimGento is a Magento extension that allows you to import your catalog from Akeneo CSV files into Magento. to import the items.

It all can be done in erpnext but it would have to code and for the most part i dont like to recreate the wheel.

The best option is to test the software. It is easier to test how everything is in the proof of concept phase.

1 Like

when you say nested 4 or 5 levels, i presume you mean sub categories?

noted on the pimgento, but it seems is a manual upload the csv. Have to find a way to get it done automated.

however my ecommerce is opencart :frowning: no opencart addon for akeneo :frowning: ouch

I think we setup a cron job to import the file automatically

1 Like