Easy Install Complete Guide Ubuntu 18.04.3 ERPNEXT V12 /Sorry! We will be back soon Don’t panic fixed

@MartinHBramwell Well I was too much in a hurry trying to get my instance to work that I didn’t note the name of the dependency. It’s essentially an upgrade that is explicitly mentioned will break bench because it’s not supported yet. And true to the warning bench broke after the install. I’ll try and recreate the error later if I can and report here.

I’d be very grateful if you could do that, because I have other things going in my installation that need apt-get update. I think they do NOT need apt-get upgrade.

If I am not wrong apt-get update merely refreshes knowledge of updates but does not actually do them. If true I am probably ok, just disabling apt-get upgrade.

i never encountered that error i also search here in forum and shared to you… like what i mention my installation guide is collection of some posted fixed here… @MartinHBramwell

thank you

is only for me… but in my other system is important to update and upgrade only here erpnext i encounter error when install. thats why im not run that command

This thread is a bit difficult to read.

@MartinHBramwell, is the root question: Why Does the ERPNext Setup Wizard timeout or not finish?

Hi @brian_pond

Thanks for steeping in.

I have made a new post briefly stating what I see right now.

Seems like the recent install issues were faced due to all requirements not being pinned in version-12 as of right now. We have already merged this PR in the version-12-hotfix branch and this issue will be fixed in the coming release.

1 Like

@sinichi19
Thanks for sharing the steps and Finally installed. How to configure with User & Password?
i can’t login

@jchakma The default user is administrator while the password is the one you provided for admin during setup

Okay so i just spun another instance using the easy install script and following @sinichi19’s workaround for do not panic page and the setup wizard completed without a hitch. What i can’t fathom though is why i cannot restore from backup. It keeps saying database not available or not installed.

+1 for the Pull Request.
+1 for Gavin personally; he seems to genuinely care about Bench.

-1 for maintainers as a whole, for taking 10 years to pin down requirements.
-1 again, because even after fixing that, the PR approval and merge took over 3 months.

Yes, I’m salty saltier than usual this week.

Im Trying to install erp on Debain9 google VM instance… ERP has installed successfully through " easy install " guide but erp is not working it " Sorry!
We will be back soon." this error is coming… any idea why is that?

Not sure, Syed.

FYI, the PR that Gavin mentioned isn’t actually pushed into Version 12 yet. It’s still sitting in the hotfix branch. If you install ERPNext without explicitly using “version-12-hotfix”, you’re not going to get the pinned-down requirements.

Following this thread,

We created our own repository for Frappe, ERPNext and Bench based on the original repositories

We also changed every available links on the repositories with our own repositories

While installing we encountered the following

Do we have any other way to install it?

after yesterday’s release, just staying on version-12 branch should be enough.

any solution to this ?

Yes After yesterday’s update the problem is solved… thank you

i face this error, plz help :frowning:

I tried it another time! This time i’ve got following error after/during installation:

[WARNING]: No inventory was parsed, only implicit localhost is available
[WARNING]: provided hosts list is empty, only localhost is available. Note that the implicit localhost does not
match ‘all’
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “install.py”, line 414, in
install_bench(args)
File “install.py”, line 230, in install_bench
run_playbook(‘site.yml’, sudo=True, extra_vars=extra_vars)
File “install.py”, line 351, in run_playbook
success = subprocess.check_call(args, cwd=os.path.join(cwd, ‘playbooks’), stdout=log_stream, stderr=sys.stderr)
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/subprocess.py”, line 311, in check_call
raise CalledProcessError(retcode, cmd)
subprocess.CalledProcessError: Command ‘[‘ansible-playbook’, ‘-c’, ‘local’, ‘site.yml’, ‘-vvvv’, ‘-e’, ‘@/tmp/extra_vars.json’, ‘–become’, ‘–become-user=frappeuser’]’ returned non-zero exit status 2.

Please, can anybody help?