Edit Sales Order after submitting

Thanks for your input. It’s a little too late for me to go back on using ERPNext now so I’m trying to figure out how to make it best work for us as we continue on.

The scenario is more like this:
Customer places order on Monday with 50 products. Products will ship on Thursday.
Between Monday and Thursday, customer calls and needs to add on 5 products. We would just go and add this to the order and create PO’s for the new items.

OR, we submit the PO’s on Monday and supplier A says they don’t have 3 of the products so we need to cancel those products from them and instead need to order those items from Supplier B.

None of this can currently be done since the SO has been submitted and PO’s generated. This is a big problem for drop shippers. We carry no inventory.

@charlie-cook

I think, complementary Sales Orders, solve your issue, with the customer.

Sales Order 1 - Qty 50
Sales Order 98 - Qty 5

The key point is on supplier side.
You need one confirmation from the supplier that the supplier have the items.
So, instead of directly Order the Goods from the Supplier, why not, make an Purchase Quote with the supplier first?

The complementary sales order is fine except that our bookkeeper keeps forgetting to add in any additional sales orders when invoicing the customer. I need it to automatically pull in all sales orders that have the same ship date and then problem solved for that part.

As for the suppliers, this industry won’t accept that because of timing. We place orders up to a shipping deadline and then they must be shipped. There’s no chance of sending a supplier quote and waiting for it to come back. Just won’t happen unfortunately. Suppliers sometimes just forget to put something on as well - accidents happen. Then they don’t invoice us for that item and now we are back in the same situation where I need to remove items from the customer’s sales order.

Please continue on! Your contributions are appreciated more than possibly you realize?

As an end user the experiences and observations you relate give valued insight for all of us here.

Thanks very much for your persistant and transparent efforts…

Thank you @clarkej for the encouragement! I am continuing onward and we will just wait for some of the new features of v11 to rollout as there are many things that are part of that release we need!

I’ve been talking with the ERPNext team and trying to hang in there. Appreciate it! :slight_smile:

Okay, back on this subject now. I’ve made a ton of changes to the system and we are so close to having it nearly where we need it to be.

Our major issues are still around the sales order. Since we often need to add items or delete items from a sales order, I’m trying to figure out how to do this still. For instance, last week we had a supplier not ship an item. As such, the customer was mad and wanted a new sales order sent with the product removed. We couldn’t do this and it caused a big problem.

Any suggestions? Is there any way to edit the sales order item table after submit?