Email Inbox in V8

IMAP is only sense if you not read the message with differ e-mail client /ThunderBird, outlook ect./
If it is already readed then ERPNext will not pull again. You should put it in to not readed stage /mostly with bold letters/, then the ERPNext is pulls within time range others not pull, then there is a chance to get it in to your Inbox of ERPNext.

Make a new email address dedicated only for ERPNext to try out.

Lengthen the pull request for the differ email clients and/ or shorten in ERPNext /don’t know how/.

Hope this helps.

Hi! To add another problem with emails: they used to be be synch’ed and for some reason, now they stopped. We get 0 new emails. Looking at the logs, here’s what I can find:

{'retry': 0, 'log': <function log at 0x7f098a3060c8>, 'site': u'erp.xxxxxx.com', 'event': u'all', 'method_name': u'pull_from_email_account', 'method': <function pull_from_email_account at 0x7f098a23f668>, 'user': u'Administrator', 'kwargs': {'email_account': u'Valentin Cavel'}, 'async': True, 'job_name': u'pull_from_email_account|Valentin Cavel'}
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/glibersat/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/utils/background_jobs.py", line 65, in execute_job
    method(**kwargs)
  File "/home/glibersat/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/email/doctype/email_account/email_account.py", line 698, in pull_from_email_account
    email_account.receive()
  File "/home/glibersat/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/email/doctype/email_account/email_account.py", line 253, in receive
    emails = email_server.get_messages()
  File "/home/glibersat/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/email/receive.py", line 115, in get_messages
    uid_list = email_list = self.get_new_mails()
  File "/home/glibersat/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/email/receive.py", line 178, in get_new_mails
    response, message = self.imap.uid('search', None, self.settings.email_sync_rule)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/imaplib.py", line 773, in uid
    typ, dat = self._simple_command(name, command, *args)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/imaplib.py", line 1088, in _simple_command
    return self._command_complete(name, self._command(name, *args))
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/imaplib.py", line 918, in _command_complete
    raise self.error('%s command error: %s %s' % (name, typ, data))
error: UID command error: BAD ['Error in IMAP command UID SEARCH: Invalid UID messageset']

Note that this email server is from a well known company and has been working for years with email clients such as thunderbird.

Any idea?

Thanks!

Sorry no idea. But the Imap error will be from a std python imap library I guess so Google is your friend.

True, IMAP is used in email system so that you can have the access of the Inbox as well as Sent Items, (Mostly all folder structure), from different client. So what should I say erpnext email inbox, Client or something else ?

Then What is the meaning of below setting.

As far as I understand If I will select ALL it will sync all the email upto 250 Messages at initial stage, later on it will sync it as on new email arrival, correct me if I am wrong here.[quote=“krnkris, post:21, topic:22164”]
Make a new email address dedicated only for ERPNext to try out.
[/quote]

I already have did that but same thing happens it doesn’t sync, Inbox as well as Sent Items.

Please let me know, how this is working for others, like if they do have the existing email account, are they able to sync all the messages of inbox as well as sent items?

Your input is highly appreciated.

Regards,

Hi @glibersat

Please try with some other email client as well, weather it is working there or not, and most important is this the happening for that particular email only? Sometimes it happens with IMAP because of improper sync, if this happening for that particular email then try to delete that email and try to sync.

May be that help.