Entering Journals in Batch Form

Can I enter a Journal Batch. and then enter individual Journal Entries under this Batch

A search on ‘data import’ will give idea pointers to what you are after?

I want to enter a Journal like below,

Batch Name : Provision for May 2020

Journal 1 : Electricity Provision
DR Electricity Expense. 100
CR Provision for Electricity. 100

Journal 2: Telephone Provision
DR Telephone Expense 100
CR Provision for Telephone 100

Its more organized, and available in other ERPs

Check out the docs Journal Entry

ERPnext does not seem to have the functionality to enter Journals in Batches.

It’s not entirely clear to me what kind of behavior you are looking for.

If you want a way to input multiple journal entries at once, you can use data import like was previously mentioned.

If you want a way to group multiple journal entries together (in some visual or semantic way), there are many different ways you could do that, ranging from tags to custom fields to custom doctypes. Which one makes sense for you really depends on what you’re trying to accomplish in batching. Can you be more specific about what you’re trying to do?

Hi

It’s more like Grouping, and simplify activities like Reversal.

Another example, I have a Salaries Journal that i post every month.

My Salary Journal May 2020 needs to be broken down into Executive Salaries, Director Salaries, Contractor Salaries.

So, if I inquire the Salaries Journal, it will show me Executive Salaries, Director Salaries, Contractor Salaries. If I go to Executive Salaries, I will see the Debit and Credit Accounts.

And if I want to reverse, I can reverse at Salary Journal Level (all the Journals will get reversed), or Reverse at Individual Journal Level, like Executive Salary Journal

Thanks.

Rgds
Fahad

The simplest solution would be just to use tags, which would allow you to quickly filter your journal entries by group in the list view.

A slightly more complex solution would be to create a custom field, and then you could make the field appear as a sortable and filterable column in the JE list view or in the general ledger.

A third option would be to create a custom Journal Entry Batch doctype. This approach would possibly require a bit of custom code, but it would as much flexibility as you need for your particular processes.

You should also look at Journal Entry Template (v13 develop), which helps you select a predefined set of accounts while creating a Journal Entry.
https://docs.erpnext.com/docs/user/manual/en/accounts/journal-entry-template

BTW, to add to previous comments, ERPNext allows you to enter any number of Journal Entry Account lines within a single Journal Entry, but please note that the debit and credit values should sum up.

i think this is in the next version…i cannot still see this option…i am in version Installed Apps

ERPNext: v13.0.0-beta.1 (version-13-beta)

ERPNext Support: v0.0.2 (master)

Frappe Framework: v13.0.0-beta.1 (version-13-beta)

Journeys: v0.0.1 (version-12)

Hi @peterg

Do you have any documents on how to do below,
“custom Journal Entry Batch doctype”

Will it work in Hosted Accounts as well.

In a hosted account, all of your processing logic will have to be client-side, which might be sufficient depending on what exactly you’re trying to do.

Essentially, you just create a new Doctype and the create a Custom Script to handle any logic you want. It wouldn’t necessarily be that complicated, but if you’re new to Frappe’s architecture you would probably have to do a fair bit of research first.