ERPNext GST Compliance - Version 14

Error on installing GST.

By default there is no GST Setting in version-14

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “apps/frappe/frappe/commands/site.py”, line 413, in install_app
_install_app(app, verbose=context.verbose, force=force)
File “apps/frappe/frappe/installer.py”, line 287, in install_app
add_module_defs(name, ignore_if_duplicate=force)
File “apps/frappe/frappe/installer.py”, line 606, in add_module_defs
d.insert(ignore_permissions=True, ignore_if_duplicate=ignore_if_duplicate)
File “apps/frappe/frappe/model/document.py”, line 265, in insert
self.db_insert(ignore_if_duplicate=ignore_if_duplicate)
File “apps/frappe/frappe/model/base_document.py”, line 525, in db_insert
raise frappe.DuplicateEntryError(self.doctype, self.name, e)
frappe.exceptions.DuplicateEntryError: (‘Module Def’, ‘ERPNext GST Compliance’, IntegrityError(1062, "Duplicate entry ‘ERPNext GST Compliance’ for key ‘PRIMARY’ "))

Hello,

GST features were moved into a separate app called India Compliance:

You can read more about it here:

hi while downloading india gst compliance i am getting this error

my version
ERPNEXT 14 and on os is ubuntu 20

For the India compliance app, are you on the version-14 branch?

yes i am on erpnext version 14 but i am getting the error while downloading the india-compliance

We’ve mostly seen these errors due to branch inconsistency. You need to specify version-14 like so:

bench get-app https://github.com/resilient-tech/india-compliance.git --branch version-14

its done thanks

@snv - thanks for the instructions. have been testing this for a friend. Some feedback - due to version mismatch needed to uninstall and reinstall app. In many instances for old customers - customer delivery address - state has to be reselected and saved - so it shows for example state code 27 (Maharashtra) in address.

• when GST is included in the base rate (checkmark option) - the invoice total does not end up matching the item subtotal by small amount. seems to be rounding issue somewhere - please check.

• also for our trial - for invoices - it shows all out-state and in state tax headers - with zero rates. do we need to apply a template to each item - or it should automatically select and apply appropriate tax rate based on hsn and delivery state? Is our install correct?

Although we have a patch for this, It only attempts to update data where it’s sure about this (it could have been misspelt earlier).
Manual intervention could be required to recheck if the address and /or party masters are correct.

Still, if you feel it’s a genuine bug, report it with full details, and we will act on it.

It could be ERPNext issue, as taxes and totals calculation is not part of India Compliance.
Re-validate with different accounts (other than GST) and create an appropriate issue.

Most likely not.

• You can have default tax rate in Sales / Purchase taxes and charges template.
  • You may need item taxes only where its different → Other than default.

Many other posts cover how to set up taxes in detail.

having above error. please suggest. Note: I’m not an IT person

Please follow the installation Guide

https://frappeframework.com/docs/user/en/installation

Frappe.cloud for Non-IT Person

@Smit_Vora , Thanks for the detail guidance.