ERPNext is GST Compatible

@umair will there be any documentation for GST features along with the release? This would be helpful and critical

Sure. Rushabh has already written one. Will be merged soon in the User Manual.

https://github.com/frappe/erpnext/pull/9435

1 Like

is it merged yet?

It will be merged on Tuesday.

4 Likes

Hi Umair,

This can be solved in a very simple way using Tax Rule.

1. Create two customer groups - Out state Customers, In state Customers - make sure to put the customers on the right category.

2. Create two tax templates - Out state GST(with only IGST) and In state GST(with SGST and CGST)

3. Create two tax rules - Out state tax rule and In state tax rule.

4. In tax rule select your customer group and tax template and during your purchase and sales invoicing it gets automatically applied depending on the customer group.

5. Similarly create the rules for different tax rates and set the priorities for the tax rule.

I think this should solve the problem for the time being.

2 Likes

Yes - that’s the current problem. As things currently stand, only items of within one particular rate slab can be used on a single invoice.

It looks like Tally has solved this by keeping rates at the Item level: Tally.ERP 9

Also, for reference, here is a sample Tally invoice. This is a bit different from the implementations I’ve seen so far on this forum.

Has it been merged?

1 Like

Eagerly awaiting the release. :slightly_smiling_face:

Any update?

Also pushed an update so you can send GST reminders to all your customers and suppliers and they can update their GSTIN via the portal

https://github.com/frappe/erpnext/pull/9488

has system been updated yet?

Will be merged tomorrow morning for sure :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi I don’t see these updates as yet. Have they been merged?

Also please suggest a way to upgrade from v5 to v8 on erpnext for vm (debian). I am facing lot of issues

Hello,

Sorry for the delay caused. We have already started deploying ERPNext for the hosted accounts. You can expect it release in your account by today evening or early tomorrow morning (if any delay happens).

1 Like

What will be the version number? 8.1.6?

One quick question. Let’s say there is an item that goes GateUnpainted. It goes out for sub contracting and comes back as GatePainted. Let’s say GatePainted is a Sales Item, so it needs to have an HSN Code when it is invoiced.

However the Purchase Invoice for the painting of the gate needs to have the Service SAC Code. Is this complexity integrated into this implementation of ERPNext or does it need to be managed separately?

Thanks

Jay

SAC codes will be essential for GSTR1 and 2 returns.

Also are there tools for reconciling GST1A and GST2A?
Going through each bill 1 by 1 will be an impossible task.

I’ve seen softwares where bill reconciliation can be done in real time.
That is, we can get customers and suppliers to reconcile bills before submitting GSTR1 and 2 itself (through the portal) This is a great feature which will help keep compliance score up.

I am really looking forward to jumping over to ERPNext (with the help of GST after trying for last 6 months almost.) However I am still unable to convince the accountants with regards to GST filings. :confused:

Congratulations to the ERPNext team for the feature. This is the first step , although a great step forward. As, I am sure ERPNext team is aware, there are reports and compliances that needs to be addressed. I am sure they also will be in place before the deadline of the same.

Also add we have country specific formats thanks to @rushabh_shah82, it should be possible to have tax rates, invoice formats specific to India defined. This will not only help the current users but also attract and reduce setup time of new users.

Amit

Help video on using GST features in ERPNext.

3 Likes