ERPNext Version 14 - Item Tax Template - GST Taxes not loading properly

Well, I never said it’s difficult. I just wanted to see how it’s setup as with the below settings in Chart of Account for Purchase GST, Item Tax Template and Tax in Item, I don’t see the tax fetched automatically when an Item is added to a Purchase Order for example:

Chart of Accounts:

Item Tax Template:

Here is the tax rate assigned to the item that I want to be updated when the item code is inserted:

Here is how it looks when the item code is entered: (Tax is still showing 18% where as it should be 12% in this case, the rate didn’t update after entering the item code)

my reply wasn’t meant for you…
I was simply asking Smit
Regards
Frz

We know it can be simplified and we are working on it.

However its a little more complex from an implementation perspective

• We have to patch existing data or settings
  • We need to maintain backward compatibility
  • We also need to take care of specific use cases (even though they may not be applicable to 95% of transactions)

I hope you understand and appreciate your patience.

1 Like

Ah! sorry, my bad. @Frz @Smit_Vora can you please help with my issue or direct me to someone that can help? I am unable to create Purchase Order with different tax rates on multiple products on version 14 due to this. I would really appreciate some help here. Thanks for your time in advance.

@Smit_Vora, I am facing the same. Please take this on priority.

Hi @roshrnair, not sure if you saw my message earlier, but can you please confirm if the item tax is still auto-populating for you while creating purchase and sales order in version 14? I have still not been able to get it working. Can you please help?

Not sure whether you were able to resolve your issue. As mentioned by @roshrnair follow this for Item tax template.

Tax rules for sales and purchase.