Error on clean installation Ubuntu 16.04 on DigitalOcean

I have an error which appears to be the install script having a problem. This is a clean installation, easy install, but this error occurs. Can the devs look into this? Anyone solved this problem?

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "install.py", line 472, in <module>
    install_bench(args)
  File "install.py", line 264, in install_bench
    run_playbook('site.yml', sudo=True, extra_vars=extra_vars)
  File "install.py", line 388, in run_playbook
    success = subprocess.check_call(args, cwd=playbooks_folder, stdout=log_stream, stderr=sys.stderr)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.5/subprocess.py", line 581, in check_call
    raise CalledProcessError(retcode, cmd)
subprocess.CalledProcessError: Command '['ansible-playbook', '-c', 'local', 'site.yml', '-vvvv', '-e', '@/tmp/extra_vars.json', '--become', '--become-user=frappe']' returned non-zero exit status 2

@noetico no idea about easy install. if you want to try manual install have a look into below link: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Installing Frappe on Linux · frappe/frappe Wiki · GitHub

Easy install is usually easy especially on DO. This is usually painless on a clean droplet. I’m surprised :slight_smile:

Sorry, did not check that I didnt paste the error; really sorry, question is updated with error code.

Error while install erpnext check this post.

You are going to have problem with Ubuntu 16’s python

Started thinking in that line. Maybe move to 18. Your thoughts confirm mine. Had a good install on 16 about 2 months ago. Will spawn an 18 installation and update the thread.

ERPNext may install on Ubuntu 16, but when you start doing things, like reports or import data, you will encounter the byte mode issue where the only solution is to go up to Ubuntu 18… Ubuntu 20 is also quite problematic at this stage. In my experience, Ubuntu 18 is best for ERPNext

this will not leave you and not take you ahead.

it will be better to divert in ubuntu 18.04. there is lots of source for manual installation.