Frappe Framework Training for non developer

Those crappy videos are still helping many across the globe including me. Finishing is not good but content is very valuable.

Yeah, we use it internally in Frappe to train our new devs too :slight_smile:

But its time we upgrade them. I am sure @tmatteson will do a great job too. Incidentally we were going to produce a new set of videos and thought this would be a great opportunity to get it funded too. I think with 26 Yes and 10 maybe, we should be able to get to 33, but seems like more people want @tmatteson. Its a tough one for the mods, happy I am not the one deciding this!

1 Like

Hi,
FYI, we will close the attendees list once we reach 9900 US for frappe (now we are far of 1800 US$) or Tyler if we reach 4500 US$ (500 US$ far).

Accordingly, we will close soon enrollment.

@rmehta

What assumption you made to conclude the same :slight_smile:.

we are almost done, it’s better to complete with the same thread.

Personally, I feel that Frappe can get benefit be taking the lead for this training to spread the right/correct knowledge among the community and remove doubts, in the other side we will contribute back by better design and fixing issues.

Rgds
Nofal

IMO:

• What this thread has proven is the market for non-developer and probably developer oriented training.

• ERPNext is a great project, but it’s hard to get the information one needs, and although this forum is helpful, there are LOTS of important questions that never get answered.

• I suggest $100, 10-hour trainings, on different topics, so that one can spend $100 every month and get knowledge that is slowly digested.

• The training should include some contribution to the project, as @tmatteson is suggesting in his training (documentation contribution in his case).

• The videos and information of the training should be released to the community.

2 Likes

I am more for reselling those videos for 50% price it’s fair I think as contribution to foundation.

1 Like

I understand your view on this, but just as Steve Ballmer once screamed “DEVELOPERS, DEVELOPERS, DEVELOPERS…”, we should scream “CONTRIBUTORS, CONTRIBUTORS, CONTRIBUTORS…”, but people can’t contribute if they don’t have the knowledge to contribute.

If we have more knowledgeable people, there will be more service providers in the world, better documentation, more answers in the forum and more users of ERPNext. My point of view is that these trainings are the force that will make a real difference in the adoption of the project.

Maybe this is a subject for another thread. Either way, that’s the trainer’s decision to make.

My 2 cents

6 Likes

an update,

we are almost done.

When do I pay my fees ?

I will announce that, coming few days…

1 Like

Awesome initiative. Have been out of the loop recently and almost missed it, but fortunately signed up.
Searched the topic but couldn’t find any mention about which license will be used for the course. Is it going to be any kind of CC?

1 Like

Update:
The list is closed with Tyler, here below the final list, any new comer will be subscribed in the waiting list/coming batch, thanks for your understanding.

Forum Name Name
nmami Naoufel Mami
MichaelPinkowski Michael Pinkowski
Hpema108 Hemant Pema
Aadhil_P_M Aadhil P M
Zubby Malachy Egbuna
jai_kejriwal Jai Kejriwal
auliabismar Aulia Bismar
Russ Russell Gadagno
Hani_AboAbdo Hani abboabdou
Ali_Abdelhalim, Aliabdelhalim
developmentforpeople James DFP
Terano Bernard VUILLOD
doca Dominik Cabrerizo
aakvatech Mitesh V Khakheria
Deepak Pai Deepak Pai
FinForce Liyakat Lal
salvatumac Pablo Heredia
selensoft is my nickname Fatih Güneş
Gustavo Rossel
EnSeal Amusan Israel
rodrigo.giacobelli Rodrigo Giacobelli
Hainingj - I thought cost would be reduced if there were more people? John Haining
munim Aubdullah Munim
CostaRica Edgar Prada
akurungadam Anoop
Bernard Monteiro
mattlongfield Matt Longfield
I am not willing to pay more than $100. mslake. Matt Lake
mholdings Nitesh Meena
olamide Olamide Shodunke
Nashwan_Sabrah Nashwan Sabrah
vrms on the forum Gunnar Wagner
Jim Foster
tncbahrain Mohamed Ali
martin42 Martin
Asif Asif
mkhoa94 Nguyễn Trịnh Minh Khoa
jgray Jermiane
OIS Owen Last
kumar Kumar
Abdullah_Khaled Abdullah Khaled
infospace
kdeveloper Kaosiso Anaekwe
frangiskos Frangiskos Frangeskides
ishanloya Ishan Loya
strixaluco Sviatoslav Vahradian

@tmatteson please share payment details, when we shall connect for the first session.

3 Likes

Hi, @nmami, why the list don’t have my name, I have registered earlier. I have follow recent thread because quite busy but I still want to attend the class

this is your updates?

what action you want?

Hi @hokgt.

Seems like you signed up for training with Frappe, but not with Tyler, which is the list described.

If I were you (and you are interested in either training), I’d put myself in a waiting list, because nobody has paid yet, and if someone doesn’t pay, there would be a seat available.

Which version will we target?

it should be latest one yes.

Do you mean latest stable = 11?

Is that v11 or v12? What does everyone think here?

Also, are there many differences between v10 and v11 from the perspective of this class? A lot of people including us are on 10 because of Rock solid stability in production.

course will be on V11,

Note : some people are requesting access to google doc but since batch enrollment list is closed I have revoked sharing.

To be added in the waiting list I will put another form and you can enroll, here the link:

@gmuchai, @cpsolution,

This is less of a concern on the technical side than for the User, but I plan to talk about versioning on the first day.

1 Like