How do you install ERPNEXT on NGINX VHOST with custom Lemp Stack

Greetings, I use a custom lemp stack to serve my business web apps. How can I install this erp on a Nginx vhost. My server already has nginx, maria database, python, and the essentials need to run this app. I have read the documentation and it seems that you need to run the app on the entire dedicated server? I pray for the Lord’s help in this regard. God bless you!

@Lewis_Seals

You do have the option to do a manual install instead of the opinionated install and there are a few resources

1. GitHub - frappe/bench: CLI to manage Multi-tenant deployments for Frappe apps (Manual Install)
  2. This is a completely manual install which would give you an idea of what is involved

You don’t need to run it on a dedicated server, However, the resources required to run it and dependent on the the traffic, queries and data size you will eventually determines whether or not you need to run a dedicated server.

Note: Based on my experience in running ERPNext, I’ve found it ideal to install on dedicated Vhost and I use 2Gb ram as a minimum. The cost of Vhost are low now-a-days so its no longer a barrier, Yes its added management but in the long run its worth the investment.

Hope this helps

1 Like

Thanks, I will read it over. God bless you!

That is a nice guide but I am more looking for the nginx configuration files and how to set it up on an existing server. Usually web apps use composer which is super easy but it seems that this program tries to alleviate the process of managing the server. That can be a good thing but as for a system admin I am wondering what is the easiest way to set it up on an existing server.

It seems that even on manual install that it tries do things that will not work on an existing server. I have to manually add the nginx configuration files. Is there a composer installer?

I am running Centos 7 on a LEMP stack dedicated server. God bless you!

The manual install simply installs the Frappe Framework and ERPNext App. From there you would need to manual manage all the other setting, including Nginx.

Being Python App, there is no composer, which is why it has its own installation script.

I suppose the best and safest route is to create a snapshot of your existing server, install snapshot on a new VHost and install ERPNext.

1 Like

Thanks! I will have to do more research… God bless you!

You don’t need to run it on a dedicated server, However, the resources required to run it and dependent on the the traffic, queries and data size you will eventually determines whether or not you need to run a dedicated server.

Note: Based on my experience in running ERPNext, I’ve found it ideal to install on dedicated Vhost and I use 2Gb ram as a minimum. The cost of Vhost are low now-a-days so its no longer a barrier, Yes its added management but in the long run its worth the investment.

Hope this helps

1 Like

Thanks…I do not want to confuse you but I have two dedicated servers that are running a lemp stack. One is only running Magento and the other is running a variety of web apps for ecommerce. I want to install Erpnext but I have to manually install each component because the install script will not work as my stack because it is not based on a virtual machine container. I have tried to install it a couple of times but have failed due to the needing a sudo user and easy_install -U setuptools compile failing. I am researching it now in order to implement in the stack. I pray for the Lord’s help. God bless you!