How to handle accounts in ERPNext for a company with multiple branches

Hi all,

If this feature is still desirable, could you please review Adding option to manage Default Company Accounts per Branch instead of by Company [Proposal] · Issue #17273 · frappe/erpnext · GitHub to provide me with feedback on how this might work as well as to get upvote visibility from the Frappe team for comment?

Thanks,

Tristan

I have a solution which in not that perfect still it is working.

1. First of all we have to create an Accounting dimension as Branch.
  2. Next we have to define required cost centers for each branches.
    since the current version (14) doesn’t allow you to link branch and cost center its better not to make any customization on that.
    After doing these i faced a serious issue while doing stock transfer between branches, this time these dimensions wont work. The financial statement wont segregate the stock based on branches since all the stock goes to a common account called Stock In Hand.
    So as a solution for making it easily traceable its better to assign warehouse account of the respective branches with separately created Stock In Hand account in Chart of Accounts.

Accounting Dimensions will help u Assign each transactions to each Branches because they become mandatory. You can also lock these branches for each users through user permissions.