How to hide fields from filter

Hi,
I really appreciate if we can hide the fields in filter list or we can change their order or appearance in the list.

Regards
Ruchin Sharma

You can write custom query to filter and sort data.

@sanjay.kumar
Please throw some light on it, how to do that?

Anyone any idea about this?

I am sure someone will comment this link

The thing is that it does not work on me. You can try it if you can make it work. And let me know.
Thanks.

@aldoblack
@sanjay.kumar

I am talking about these standard filters which are available on every form.

Regards
Ruchin Sharma

i think this will be an a great option filter to hide

Could you explain why do you want to do that?
I believe this allows selection based on keyboard type, so one does not need to go down and select.

1 Like

Oh boy, really needs to make this happen. Like a simple checkbox in the field of the DocType asking “make this available in the filter…?” :smiley:

Please guys :smiley:

1 Like

Hi FinForce,

I have the same query, the reason that I want to hide that field is:
For some doctype, the name is automatically generated which like ‘7fdhwu921jhfkjedw2’, in that case the users will be confused as the ‘Name’ field in the standard filter is not working.

Please refer this screenshot below:

In the above photo, the ‘Item Code’ is the one I expect users to search as filter. Hence the needs to hide ‘Name’ field in the stand filter would be ideal.

Please let me know if you have any solutions for that. Thank you in advance.

2 Likes

I have the same problem as you.

Did anybody solve this issue? Like reordering the filters?

Both Name and Title come as default filters, and I’m not aware of any way to change this in the API layer. There is also, as far as I know, no way to change the order of filter fields except reordering the fields themselves in the form.

It is possible, however, to make changes in the listview DOM layer, and now with listview client scripts it’s pretty straight forward.