How to know hooks binding to a specific doctype?

I wrote an validate hook in my app, but it didn’t work, How to debug it?
How to know which hooks are binding to the doctypes?

1 Like

@nnylyj do you can list all hooks, using the bellow code

frappe.get_hooks('doc_events').get('DocType').get('validate')

frappe.get_hooks('doc_events').get('*').get('validate')

2 Likes

Thanks!
I get the result but it’s weired.
I bind validate hooks on Purchase Order and Sales Order and a before_save on Item Price, but ONLY Item Price hooked successfully.

'doc_events': {u'Item Price': {u'before_save': [u'dmallerp.item_price_log.logger.create_item_price_log']},
  u'Purchase Order': {u'validate': [u'dmallerp.validators.hooks.validate_return_order_qty']},
  u'Sales Order': {u'validate': [u'dmallerp.validators.hooks.validate_return_order_qty']}}

using frappe.get_hooks('doc_events') and got

{u'*': {u'after_insert': [u'frappe.email.doctype.email_alert.email_alert.trigger_email_alerts'],
  u'after_rename': [u'frappe.desk.notifications.clear_doctype_notifications'],
  u'on_cancel': [u'frappe.desk.notifications.clear_doctype_notifications',
   u'frappe.email.doctype.email_alert.email_alert.trigger_email_alerts'],
  u'on_submit': [u'frappe.email.doctype.email_alert.email_alert.trigger_email_alerts',
   u'frappe.desk.doctype.feed.feed.update_feed'],
  u'on_trash': [u'frappe.desk.notifications.clear_doctype_notifications'],
  u'on_update': [u'frappe.desk.notifications.clear_doctype_notifications',
   u'frappe.email.doctype.email_alert.email_alert.trigger_email_alerts',
   u'frappe.desk.doctype.feed.feed.update_feed'],
  u'validate': [u'frappe.email.doctype.email_alert.email_alert.trigger_email_alerts']},
 u'Address': {u'validate': [u'erpnext.shopping_cart.cart.set_customer_in_address']},
 ---LOOK_AT_HERE--> u'Item Price': {u'before_save': [u'dmallerp.item_price_log.logger.create_item_price_log']},
 u'Price List': {u'on_update': [u'erpnext.shopping_cart.doctype.shopping_cart_settings.shopping_cart_settings.validate_cart_settings']},
 u'Sales Taxes and Charges Template': {u'on_update': [u'erpnext.shopping_cart.doctype.shopping_cart_settings.shopping_cart_settings.validate_cart_settings']},
 u'Stock Entry': {u'on_cancel': [u'erpnext.stock.doctype.material_request.material_request.update_completed_and_requested_qty'],
  u'on_submit': [u'erpnext.stock.doctype.material_request.material_request.update_completed_and_requested_qty']},
 u'User': {u'on_update': [u'erpnext.hr.doctype.employee.employee.update_user_permissions'],
  u'validate': [u'erpnext.hr.doctype.employee.employee.validate_employee_role']}}

And,

u'Purchase Order': {u'validate': [u'dmallerp.validators.hooks.validate_return_order_qty']},
  u'Sales Order': {u'validate': [u'dmallerp.validators.hooks.validate_return_order_qty']}}

LOST?

@nnylyj pass app_name="your_app_name", to get only the hooks of your app!

The result is showing all hooks in the environment

Yeah, I mean hooks were exactly defined in my app, but not shown in environment.

So, just pass

frappe.get_hooks('doc_events', app_name="dmallerp").get('*').get('validate')
3 Likes

You need to go to user menu and click on “Reload”. It will clear frappe’s cache where hooks are cached.

You can also do that from the command line using:
bench --site SITENAME clear-cache

In [27]: frappe.get_hooks('doc_events', app_name="dmallerp").get('*').get('validate')
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
AttributeError                            Traceback (most recent call last)
/home/ubuntu/frappe-bench/env/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/frappe-6.18.1-py2.7.egg/frappe/commands.pyc in <module>()
----> 1 frappe.get_hooks('doc_events', app_name="dmallerp").get('*').get('validate')

AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'get'

:cry:

Replace the “*” by the doctype names, or store frappe.get_hook in a variable, and inspect it