How to link a sales invoice to a sales order?

Hello,

I have forgotten to make a sales invoice from sales order page. Now, I have the sales invoice as draft but in this case, sales order link appears in gray. Even when that link appears in gray I can click on it to go to the sales order list of the customer.

How can I link them both?

ERPNext: v11.1.56 (version-11)

Frappe Framework: v11.1.52 (version-11)

P.S. I think this is a bug because I have just duplicated a sales invoice that is already associated to the sales order. Duplicated invoice should also be associated.

Thanks
Jaime

Hi Jaime,

if you have your sales invoice in draft you can just delete this and recreate the sales invoice from your sales order using the “Make” button in the top right corner.

But be aware, that the count in your naming series might need to be checked. If your sales invoice draft is the latest sales invoice you won’t have any problem. If it isn’t, then you will have to go into naming series and change it accordingly.

Best
Wolfram

Sorry, but that is not an option. If I create a new invoice, the invoice number will be different, and I don’t want it because that number should match the invoice number generated by the Tax service in my country.

So, is it not there a way to do such a trivial task?

One way I was thinking of was to do what you suggested and then go to serials administrator, modify the number and make the new invoice, but, will the system allow to generate a new invoice with the same number of other invoice?

Regards
Jaime

Hi Jaime,

you might have to do that at some point anyway. For example you might have a pending sales invoice in draft which won’t be billed in the end. If you wan’t to reuse that sales invoice ID you can do this by resetting the naming series to that number.

The system will not allow two sales invoice with the exact same ID.

Also you should be able to fetch several sales orders on a single invoice:

will that do the job?

Best
Wolfram

Thanks!! By getting the items from the sales order, at last the sales invoice with the sales order were linked.

Regards
Jaime

Hi Jaime,

Here’s a way to ensure that you can generate the same number of a document.

Further down in that document another user has listed how you can print the document with the original number even though the ERPNext appends the revision number to the document serial number.

But you have a valid point. You should be able to knock off unlinked upstream documents with downstream documents. A process similar to matching payments with invoices. Great thought! But you have to find a willing body to execute it for you.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Jay

Okay good! Wolfram’s solution worked for you.

Thanks

Jay

Hi @Jaime_Stuardo good to hear that. Please be so kind an mark this thread as solved. Thank you.

I had this kind of issue at my online shopping site, and it happened because of the bad frame optimization. I tried to fix it but myself, but I didn’t succeed.