How to remove "Powered by ERPNext" from website

Yes. I think many people here know (but hesitate to share how, and don’t do it anyway, because the Frappe image adds value to the product. Hehehe…).

Not relevant. It has nothing to do with the license.

I’m sure there are many people who are closing extra sales every month because they are using the free website builder in a community ERP system instead of a dedicated web platform, and keeping the free ad for said platform in the webpage footer … :slight_smile:

This is where you come to ask questions about ERPNext. The footer content is part of that.

If there’s a forum where I can ask how to remove gatekeepers from the forum, that would also be great. There are some people who are emotionally tied to ERPNext, and while that’s fine in a free world, they could probably take it down a notch. Yours is not the only opinion.

If I understand correctly from looking at the sorts of things raised in bug reports and feature requests in this very forum, the entire system is developing, and while the sheer number of modules is impressive and with the greatest of respect to the collossal undertaking that is this project, it’s not mature. To me, that means only the most intrepid (read: cheap and foolish) of company owners would dedicate their website - the entire first impression of their company to most new prospects - to the website publisher built into ERPNext. Not only is it still rather new, it appears the featureset is fairly basic, and by its nature you will be much more restricted in finding developers to flesh out your site than you would be in using other options.

It might be totally fine for basic use, but when I asked some function questions it became apparent to me immediately that it wasn’t a fit for me.

There are plenty of free options out there for self-hosted websites, so I’m not sure what the use case is for a basic freebie publisher function built in to the system you’re using for your accounts, inventory etc - or why you would want one platform doing all this, which to me smacks of risk. I did check it out myself, and I owuld be happy to use it if it was usable, but on reflection, it’s too many eggs in one basket, which an ERP as expansive as this sails very close to being in any event. I don’t think too many people who are serious about their website are going to choose this option.

For my company, the best config is using standalone sites built on built-for-purpose website platforms. I’m mostly interested in avoiding duplication, so if I can use ERPNext to serve a database of product information and connect to sites to take orders and streamline the resultant processes from there (dispatch, inventory, etc) then that’s excellent. The whole “how many angels dancing on the head of a pin” argument about removing or not removing a footer attribution will never affect me personally - I’m only putting my two cents’ worth to lend support to an alternative point of view.

1 Like

I think we may be misunderstanding you here.

Website?

What website ?

If you want your landing page to be a simple login page please do the following

1. Go to Settings
    2 click on Website settings
  2. In the Home page field you will see home …remove this and leave the field blank.
  3. Click save and log out

You should be presented with a simple login page from now on.

I hope this is what you want because your persistent reference to website is confusing.

If this is not what you want please do not reply to me or respond to me again in a way that would notify me.

I am responding to you now not because you deserve it, you do not. Your entire write up is insulting, irritating and full of bad karma. You do not sound like the kind of person I want to have a discussion with.

Have a nice life and do learn better communication skills, or do not, that’s your problem.

1 Like

For me it’s not the displayed Frappe or ERPNext wording and logo.
But the support and help links inside some of the doctypes. They are pointing to Frappe/ERPNext email/github/webpage (Frappe/ERPNext user manual docs site is ok).
This might confuse our clients because they expect us to support them (and some of us get paid for that) and not Frappe/ERPNext team.
This is not a complain or against ERPNext branding, just perhaps a suggestion if we can customize some of the link.

2 Likes

I couldn’t care less if you don’t like the tone you get in response to your high-handed, snippy comments.

I’m not sure how I can explain this any simpler to any being worthy of being described as sentient, but I’ll try again. Someone (not me) posted a question asking how to change the content in the footer of the website publisher. You’re asking “what website?” THAT WEBSITE, Stevie Wonder. You know, the entire basis for the OP’s post. That one. Please tell me if you need that explained for a tenth time, but do bear in mind if you intend to talk down to anyone else, that you’re being spoonfed here. A little humility.

A few zealots like yourself have taken it upon yourselves to not answer the guy’s question, but just have a go at him instead, and anyone who doesn’t jump in the echo chamber with you. Your own response is this - utterly unhelpful: “So why not remove it yourself if it bothers you that much ? Or pay for someone to help you remove it ? Why come to the people who developed the system and ask them to help you remove it? Do you understand the potential for irritation here ? The matter is simple, not complicated. If you do not like the powered by ERPNext …remove it …by yourself.”

You’re the rude one here, nobody else. Nobody asked for your judgement, they asked a technical question that you don’t want to answer. So why should people sit there and take your crap?

And then your response to me telling you you’re not a gatekeeper is to accuse me of being the negative one. Your lack of self-awareness (because I would not want to be rude, and call it hypocrisy) is astounding.

As for communicating, I’ve made it clear 5 times by now that I’m not the one looking to remove the footer, so it’s cringeworthy that you have a go at me for my communication and then answer a question I am explicitly, repeatedly, not asking.

You have a good life too, take your Adderall and don’t bother me with a response.

1 Like

To conclude, there are multiple ways to remove footer. Custom css, custom script, whitelabel app.

If you are using docker to build custom images you can copy a blank file over /home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/erpnext/erpnext/templates/includes/footer/footer_powered.html and it will remove the footer. You can edit the file to rebrand it.

I’ll close this topic as it needs to be divided into multiple discussion,

• make links customizable
  • thoughts about whitelabel and rebranding
  • Feature request for more UI Personalization
  • philosophy and debate
13 Likes