How to validate Stock Balance report when report shows 0 Balance Qty but nonzero Balance Value?

The Stock Balance report shows 0 for some items’ Balance Qty but nonzero Balance Value both over and sub zero. I don’t know how to validate this report and I would like to correct this error. When you browse to the individual item and request item’s Stock Balance it is another value. Please advise.

Tufan, can you post a few screenshots to help illustrate what you’re seeing?

Sure,
please find the stock balance (the last row) and ledger for the item in question

have you tried stock reconciliation?

There is 0 stock. What kind of a reconciliation are you talking about?

Is it showing any value in stock reconciliation document?

I really don’t get what you are suggesting. The stock is 0. How can I post a reconciliation?

We facing the same issue did you find any solution?

did you find any solution?

Not yet

Looks like cancelling/deleting and restoring one of your stock related movements does the job.

yes, I found the cause of the issue, that was erpnext calculate wrong valuation rate when make sales invoice return on the past transaction but that issue solved later on updates,

now the solution i need to cancel the past sales invoice return transaction then amend and submit because there is no tool or doctype to repost item valuation rate in version-12

regards

Hello guys

Any update solution to this issue? I am experiencing the same!

SOLUTION
Note that the problem occurs if you permit negative stock:

• Open the stock ledger
    -Pick an item that has issue with its warehouse
    -Extend the date range until when you see the negative stock was first posted
    -Take note of the sum of all the quantity posted as negative in all the days before the positive quantity was eventually posted.Let say 10 units
  • Go to the stock reconciliation and select a date before the date the first negative stock was posted and through the stock reconciliation bring in the total quantity issued .let say the 10 unit.
    -The above will correct the abnormal stock valuation
    -Go back to stock ledger and take note of the date the negative stock posting stopped
    -Use the date after it in the stock reconciliation to issue out the fictitious stock you brought in earlier ,let say the 10 unit by selecting the stock quantity in the stock reconciliation to be zero.
    -Take note that when you’re bringing in the stock in the stock reconciliation as earlier said to use the rate of issuing out the negative stock. You will see the rate in the stock ledgers. If you fail to use the rate the system issued out the negative stock, you will still have stock value even though the quantity has been returned to zero by following the above solution
    -Thanks

I solved this problem by reposting the item valuation for each affected item in V13. The posting date should be in the past from where you start transactions against that item.