I always get error from ansible: NO MORE HOSTS LEFT

I have install bench/erpnext using production setup follow this link : GitHub - frappe/bench: CLI to manage Multi-tenant deployments for Frappe apps

It’s success. Then I think I want to try the development setup. Then I uninstall the bench follow this link : Stopping Production and starting Development · frappe/bench Wiki · GitHub

After that, I just follow the development setup using this : GitHub - frappe/bench: CLI to manage Multi-tenant deployments for Frappe apps

Now I always get error from ansible I think.

NO MORE HOSTS LEFT *************************************************************
	to retry, use: --limit @develop/install.retry

PLAY RECAP *********************************************************************
localhost                  : ok=3    changed=0    unreachable=0    failed=1   

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "install.py", line 250, in <module>
    install_bench(args)
  File "install.py", line 66, in install_bench
    run_playbook('develop/install.yml', sudo=True, user=args.user, extra_args=vars(args))
  File "install.py", line 205, in run_playbook
    success = subprocess.check_call(args, cwd=os.path.join(tmp_bench_repo, 'playbooks'))
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 540, in check_call
    raise CalledProcessError(retcode, cmd)
subprocess.CalledProcessError: Command '['ansible-playbook', '-c', 'local', 'develop/install.yml', '-e', '@/home/user1/extra_vars.json', '--become', '--become-user=user1']' returned non-zero exit status 2

So, how I resolve this error ?

Thanks

@shreyasp can you check?

@agusputra

Can you send complete traceback, to understand the failure?

@rmehta @shreyasp, sorry I cannot reproduce the errors, because I have reinstall bench, frappe and erpnext.

And all run smooth now.

Thanks for your help :slight_smile:

I have met the same problem, and follow is the complete traceback:

TASK [install pillow prerequisites for Ubuntu >= 14.04] ************************
ok: [localhost] => (item=[u’libtiff5-dev’, u’tcl8.6-dev’, u’tk8.6-dev’])

TASK [Add nodejs v5 repo] ******************************************************
changed: [localhost]
[WARNING]: Consider using get_url module rather than running curl

TASK [Update and Install Node v5] **********************************************
failed: [localhost] (item=[u’nodejs’, u’npm’]) => {“cache_update_time”: 1469523500, “cache_updated”: true, “failed”: true, “item”: [“nodejs”, “npm”], “msg”: “‘/usr/bin/apt-get -y -o "Dpkg::Options::=–force-confdef" -o "Dpkg::Options::=–force-confold" --force-yes install ‘npm’’ failed: E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.\n”, “stderr”: “E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.\n”, “stdout”: “Reading package lists…\nBuilding dependency tree…\nReading state information…\nSome packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have\nrequested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable\ndistribution that some required packages have not yet been created\nor been moved out of Incoming.\nThe following information may help to resolve the situation:\n\nThe following packages have unmet dependencies:\n npm : Depends: nodejs but it is not going to be installed\n Depends: node-abbrev (>= 1.0.4) but it is not going to be installed\n Depends: node-ansi but it is not going to be installed\n Depends: node-archy but it is not going to be installed\n Depends: node-block-stream but it is not going to be installed\n Depends: node-fstream (>= 0.1.22) but it is not going to be installed\n Depends: node-fstream-ignore but it is not going to be installed\n Depends: node-github-url-from-git but it is not going to be installed\n Depends: node-glob (>= 3.1.21) but it is not going to be installed\n Depends: node-graceful-fs (>= 2.0.0) but it is not going to be installed\n Depends: node-inherits but it is not going to be installed\n Depends: node-ini (>= 1.1.0) but it is not going to be installed\n Depends: node-lockfile but it is not going to be installed\n Depends: node-lru-cache (>= 2.3.0) but it is not going to be installed\n Depends: node-minimatch (>= 0.2.11) but it is not going to be installed\n Depends: node-mkdirp (>= 0.3.3) but it is not going to be installed\n Depends: node-gyp (>= 0.10.9) but it is not going to be installed\n Depends: node-nopt (>= 2.1.1) but it is not going to be installed\n Depends: node-npmlog but it is not going to be installed\n Depends: node-once but it is not going to be installed\n Depends: node-osenv but it is not going to be installed\n Depends: node-read but it is not going to be installed\n Depends: node-read-package-json (>= 1.1.0) but it is not going to be installed\n Depends: node-request (>= 2.25.0) but it is not going to be installed\n Depends: node-retry but it is not going to be installed\n Depends: node-rimraf (>= 2.2.2) but it is not going to be installed\n Depends: node-semver (>= 2.1.0) but it is not going to be installed\n Depends: node-sha but it is not going to be installed\n Depends: node-slide but it is not going to be installed\n Depends: node-tar (>= 0.1.18) but it is not going to be installed\n Depends: node-which but it is not going to be installed\n”, “stdout_lines”: [“Reading package lists…”, “Building dependency tree…”, “Reading state information…”, “Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have”, “requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable”, “distribution that some required packages have not yet been created”, “or been moved out of Incoming.”, “The following information may help to resolve the situation:”, “”, “The following packages have unmet dependencies:”, " npm : Depends: nodejs but it is not going to be installed", " Depends: node-abbrev (>= 1.0.4) but it is not going to be installed", " Depends: node-ansi but it is not going to be installed", " Depends: node-archy but it is not going to be installed", " Depends: node-block-stream but it is not going to be installed", " Depends: node-fstream (>= 0.1.22) but it is not going to be installed", " Depends: node-fstream-ignore but it is not going to be installed", " Depends: node-github-url-from-git but it is not going to be installed", " Depends: node-glob (>= 3.1.21) but it is not going to be installed", " Depends: node-graceful-fs (>= 2.0.0) but it is not going to be installed", " Depends: node-inherits but it is not going to be installed", " Depends: node-ini (>= 1.1.0) but it is not going to be installed", " Depends: node-lockfile but it is not going to be installed", " Depends: node-lru-cache (>= 2.3.0) but it is not going to be installed", " Depends: node-minimatch (>= 0.2.11) but it is not going to be installed", " Depends: node-mkdirp (>= 0.3.3) but it is not going to be installed", " Depends: node-gyp (>= 0.10.9) but it is not going to be installed", " Depends: node-nopt (>= 2.1.1) but it is not going to be installed", " Depends: node-npmlog but it is not going to be installed", " Depends: node-once but it is not going to be installed", " Depends: node-osenv but it is not going to be installed", " Depends: node-read but it is not going to be installed", " Depends: node-read-package-json (>= 1.1.0) but it is not going to be installed", " Depends: node-request (>= 2.25.0) but it is not going to be installed", " Depends: node-retry but it is not going to be installed", " Depends: node-rimraf (>= 2.2.2) but it is not going to be installed", " Depends: node-semver (>= 2.1.0) but it is not going to be installed", " Depends: node-sha but it is not going to be installed", " Depends: node-slide but it is not going to be installed", " Depends: node-tar (>= 0.1.18) but it is not going to be installed", " Depends: node-which but it is not going to be installed"]}

NO MORE HOSTS LEFT *************************************************************
to retry, use: --limit @develop/install.retry

PLAY RECAP *********************************************************************
localhost : ok=6 changed=1 unreachable=0 failed=1

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “install.py”, line 264, in
install_bench(args)
File “install.py”, line 96, in install_bench
run_playbook(‘develop/install.yml’, sudo=True, extra_vars=extra_vars)
File “install.py”, line 217, in run_playbook
success = subprocess.check_call(args, cwd=os.path.join(tmp_bench_repo, ‘playbooks’))
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py”, line 540, in check_call
raise CalledProcessError(retcode, cmd)
subprocess.CalledProcessError: Command ‘[‘ansible-playbook’, ‘-c’, ‘local’, ‘develop/install.yml’, ‘-e’, ‘@/tmp/extra_vars.json’, ‘–become’, ‘–become-user=vagrant’]’ returned non-zero exit status 2

Hello @finalsatan

It seems you have node and npm installed on your machine, which is causing conflict between current installation and older installation.

Try removing node and npm from your machine and then re-running the script.

1 Like