Important things for new user installing ERPNext in Ubuntu server

I found so many issues when installing ERPNext, but after a full-day trying my site now online with ERPNext. So, I would like to share my experience as non-programing person on installing ERPNext into my Ubuntu server.

First, I can not find complete/ultimate guide for installing ERPNext. Even from the official Frappe & Bench github site. But after read some articles and tutorial, I can suggest you this tutorial from DigitalOcean: How To Install an ERPNext Stack
I think the tutorial give us comprehensive knowledge to install ERPNext into Ubuntu server. Read it slow and carefully to understand each steps. So you are not only know how to install it, but also what are you doing in each process.

Second, please note that you may need to update some packages version on that tutorial. So for some steps I refer to Frappe/Bench and Frappe/Frappe’s github page.

Last thing, you may have some permission error when following any tutorials. Don’t worry you can examine every error-lines showing up on the terminal, and search it on Google.

Having any tips or suggestion? Please share your experience. :smiley:

I use this guide [Guide] How to install ERPNext v15 on Linux Ubuntu (step-by-step instructions)

1 Like

Thanks! I used this guide too before.

Now, I’d like to suggest newer guideline:

1 Like

Ya I use this one, its very helpful .