"IndexError: list assignment index out of range" on downloading import template for Item, Employee and Purchase invoice

Hi There,

We are currently on V7.
I tried to download blank Template for importing items, but below errow is showing:

Can anyone please check what is the problem why we cannot download the template?
Thank you…

Confirm the same on official SaaS account. Probably related to this commit: [feature] select columns in data import tool · frappe/frappe@de7e288 · GitHub

we are using erpnext in our local server…

I mean I confirmed, that the issue is present on SaaS account, which has ERPNext v7.0.27 / Frappe Framework v7.0.22. There is no contradiction if your version is the same, but it hasn’t been proved that the regression was brought by aforementioned commit yet.

I have this issue also. I am using the VM
ERPNext: v7.0.27
Frappe Framework: v7.0.22

For me, the problem began immediately after I gained the features mentioned by strixaluco.

I’ve run into an error on V7 when I try to export any template via the Data Import Tool. It’s the same with “Download Blank Template” and “Download with Data”.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/app.py", line 60, in application
    response = frappe.api.handle()
  File "/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/api.py", line 49, in handle
    return frappe.handler.handle()
  File "/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/handler.py", line 19, in handle
    execute_cmd(cmd)
  File "/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/handler.py", line 36, in execute_cmd
    ret = frappe.call(method, **frappe.form_dict)
  File "/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/__init__.py", line 879, in call
    return fn(*args, **newargs)
  File "/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/core/page/data_import_tool/exporter.py", line 261, in get_template
    build_field_columns(d)
  File "/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/core/page/data_import_tool/exporter.py", line 107, in build_field_columns
    tablerow[column_start_end[dt].start + 2] = doctype_parentfield[dt]
IndexError: list assignment index out of range

Any ideas? This is a pretty fresh install, and I ran bench update a minute ago with no problems.

Some doctypes are subjects to this issue, some are not. Raised an issue on Github: "IndexError: list assignment index out of range" on downloading import template for Item, Employee and Purchase invoice · Issue #1981 · frappe/frappe · GitHub

hi @strixaluco, thank you for posting that on github…

1 Like

Fixing…

2 Likes

The bug is fixed in Frappe 7.0.23 with [Fix] Data import tool export issue (#1980) · frappe/frappe@c1fbf1d · GitHub

1 Like