New installation failed

these lines imply that you are logged in as root instead of as “frappe”. Probably need to exit by 1 level before you run that command

Same Error :disappointed_relieved:

TASK [locale : Check current locale] *******************************************
fatal: [localhost]: FAILED! => {“changed”: true, “cmd”: “localectl”, “delta”: “0:00:00.030520”, “end”: “2017-11-12 09:39:40.646618”, “failed”: true, “rc”: 1, “start”: “2017-11-12 09:39:40.616098”, “stderr”: “Failed to create bus connection: No such file or directory”, “stderr_lines”: [“Failed to create bus connection: No such file or directory”], “stdout”: “”, “stdout_lines”: }
to retry, use: --limit @/tmp/.bench/playbooks/production/install.retry

PLAY RECAP *********************************************************************
localhost : ok=5 changed=2 unreachable=0 failed=1

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “install.py”, line 388, in
install_bench(args)
File “install.py”, line 114, in install_bench
run_playbook(‘production/install.yml’, sudo=True, extra_vars=extra_vars)
File “install.py”, line 326, in run_playbook
success = subprocess.check_call(args, cwd=os.path.join(cwd, ‘playbooks’))
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py”, line 541, in check_call
raise CalledProcessError(retcode, cmd)
subprocess.CalledProcessError: Command ‘[‘ansible-playbook’, ‘-c’, ‘local’, ‘production/install.yml’, ‘-e’, ‘@/tmp/extra_vars.json’, ‘–become’, ‘–become-user=frappe’]’ returned non-zero exit status 2

I can only suggest checking your hostname and /etc/hosts files

hostname -a
cat /etc/hostname
and
cat /etc/hosts
for some problematic entries or something

root@erp:~# hostname -a
erp
root@erp:~# cat /etc/hostname
erp
root@erp:~# cat /etc/hosts
ff02::1 ip6-allnodes
ff02::2 ip6-allrouters

127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost

Auto-generated hostname. Please do not remove this comment.

192.64.82.42 erp.connect4.systems erp
::1 localhost ip6-localhost ip6-loopback
root@erp:~#

Try this article…

any other ideas about that issue ??

If you are on ScaleWay then install centos instead of Ubuntu. It worked for me.

Regards
Ali

Hi, I ran into the same problem and installing dbus fixed the problem for me:

apt-get install dbus

3 Likes

thanks friends

I had the same issue when trying to run ERPNext on Windows Linux Subsystem. Fixed using below commands,

sudo mkdir -p /run/dbus
sudo service dbus start
sudo dbus-daemon --system
5 Likes

hello swadeesh,
can you please share the installation process for Windows Linux Subsystem.

I was able to install only after fixing multiple issues.

Let me know if you are stuck with error. Will see if I had a similar issue and try to provide a solution.

1 Like

Hello Swadeesh,

I tried more than 5 times with Easy Installation and windows Linux Subsystem(Ubuntu 18.04 lts) every time installation process will reach upto TASK [Create new site] *********************************************************
from then process will not move .so i will clean every thing and i will re-initiate installation process again.

One of my friend suggested me to install erpnext in virtual box . This is amazing the entire installation process took only 20 mins and its going good now.

Thank you,

That’s an easy way of installing, but I was able to get it working on Linux subsystem for Windows.

I can see Windows is moving forward with the bash approach to enable all linux commands. So I feel it would be better to use Linux subsystem instead of a separate software running Linus distro in a virtual environment.

Hi, can you please tell me how you did it? I’ve tried this a couple of times but it fails to complete the process.

Let me know what error you have received.

I successfully installed ERPNext Version 12 in windows subsystem using this command.

In Ubuntu 18.04 LTS

Thanks Swadeesh
:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

@netmanthan, @swadeesh, I am stuck at below error message, note I went through all posts, please advice

TASK [mariadb : Install MariaDB] 
task path: /tmp/.bench/playbooks/roles/mariadb/tasks/ubuntu-xenial_bionic.yml:18
[DEPRECATION WARNING]: Invoking "apt" only once while using a loop via squash_actions is deprecated. Instead of using a
 loop to supply multiple items and specifying `pkg: "{{ item }}"`, please use `pkg: ['mariadb-server', 'mariadb-
client', 'libmariadbclient18']` and remove the loop. This feature will be removed in version 2.11. Deprecation warnings
 can be disabled by setting deprecation_warnings=False in ansible.cfg.
<127.0.0.1> ESTABLISH LOCAL CONNECTION FOR USER: root
<127.0.0.1> EXEC /bin/sh -c 'echo ~root && sleep 0'
<127.0.0.1> EXEC /bin/sh -c '( umask 77 && mkdir -p "` echo /root/.ansible/tmp/ansible-tmp-1567931527.55-151760679292319 `" && echo ansible-tmp-1567931527.55-151760679292319="` echo /root/.ansible/tmp/ansible-tmp-1567931527.55-151760679292319 `" ) && sleep 0'
Using module file /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/ansible/modules/packaging/os/apt.py
<127.0.0.1> PUT /root/.ansible/tmp/ansible-local-722MM8HSW/tmpFt7f8w TO /root/.ansible/tmp/ansible-tmp-1567931527.55-151760679292319/AnsiballZ_apt.py
<127.0.0.1> EXEC /bin/sh -c 'chmod u+x /root/.ansible/tmp/ansible-tmp-1567931527.55-151760679292319/ /root/.ansible/tmp/ansible-tmp-1567931527.55-151760679292319/AnsiballZ_apt.py && sleep 0'
<127.0.0.1> EXEC /bin/sh -c '/usr/bin/python /root/.ansible/tmp/ansible-tmp-1567931527.55-151760679292319/AnsiballZ_apt.py && sleep 0'
<127.0.0.1> EXEC /bin/sh -c 'rm -f -r /root/.ansible/tmp/ansible-tmp-1567931527.55-151760679292319/ > /dev/null 2>&1 && sleep 0'
failed: [localhost] (item=[u'mariadb-server', u'mariadb-client', u'libmariadbclient18']) => {
"ansible_loop_var": "item",
"cache_update_time": 1567931524,
"cache_updated": false,
"changed": false,
"invocation": {
    "module_args": {
        "allow_unauthenticated": false,
        "autoclean": false,
        "autoremove": false,
        "cache_valid_time": 0,
        "deb": null,
        "default_release": null,
        "dpkg_options": "force-confdef,force-confold",
        "force": false,
        "force_apt_get": false,
        "install_recommends": null,
        "name": [
            "mariadb-server",
            "mariadb-client",
            "libmariadbclient18"
        ],
        "only_upgrade": false,
        "package": [
            "mariadb-server",
            "mariadb-client",
            "libmariadbclient18"
        ],
        "policy_rc_d": null,
        "purge": false,
        "state": "present",
        "update_cache": null,
        "upgrade": null
    }
},
"item": [
    "mariadb-server",
    "mariadb-client",
    "libmariadbclient18"
],
"msg": "'/usr/bin/apt-get -y -o \"Dpkg::Options::=--force-confdef\" -o \"Dpkg::Options::=--force-confold\"      install 'mariadb-client' 'libmariadbclient18'' failed: E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.\n",
"rc": 100,
"stderr": "E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.\n",
"stderr_lines": [
    "E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages."
],
"stdout": "Reading package lists...\nBuilding dependency tree...\nReading state information...\nSome packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have\nrequested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable\ndistribution that some required packages have not yet been created\nor been moved out of Incoming.\nThe following information may help to resolve the situation:\n\nThe following packages have unmet dependencies:\n mariadb-client : Depends: mariadb-client-10.2 (>= 1:10.2.26+maria~bionic) but it is not going to be installed\n",
"stdout_lines": [
    "Reading package lists...",
    "Building dependency tree...",
    "Reading state information...",
    "Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have",
    "requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable",
    "distribution that some required packages have not yet been created",
    "or been moved out of Incoming.",
    "The following information may help to resolve the situation:",
    "",
    "The following packages have unmet dependencies:",
    " mariadb-client : Depends: mariadb-client-10.2 (>= 1:10.2.26+maria~bionic) but it is not going to be installed"
]
}

PLAY RECAP *************************************************************************************************************
localhost                  : ok=13   changed=7    unreachable=0    failed=1    skipped=12   rescued=0    ignored=0

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "install.py", line 413, in <module>
install_bench(args)
  File "install.py", line 135, in install_bench
run_playbook('site.yml', sudo=True, extra_vars=extra_vars)
  File "install.py", line 327, in run_playbook
success = subprocess.check_call(args, cwd=os.path.join(cwd, 'playbooks'))
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/subprocess.py", line 311, in check_call
raise CalledProcessError(retcode, cmd)
subprocess.CalledProcessError: Command '['ansible-playbook', '-c', 'local', 'site.yml', '-vvvv', '-e', '@/tmp/extra_vars.json', '--become', '--become-user=erpnext']' returned non-zero exit status 2.

Hi nmami,

Pls follow below step to get install ERPNext Version 12.

I have installed fresh ERPNext 12 on Ubuntu 18.0.4LTS on Windows Subsystem Linux
Ran the below command
sudo apt-get update && upgrade
Rebooted server
sudo mkdir -p /run/dbus
sudo service dbus start
sudo apt-get install python3-setuptools python3-minimal redis-server build-essential
created user netmanthan
sudo adduser netmanthan (Adding a new user erpnext)
sudo usermod -aG sudo netmanthan (giving proper permission)
su netmanthan (login as erpnext user)

Download the installation script by running below command:
sudo wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/frappe/bench/master/playbooks/install.py

Sudo -H python3 install.py --production --site netmanthan.local --user netmanthan

This will install the ERPNEXT. After this I have updated the bench by running below command:

cd erp_bench/
bench update

I have accessed the application using the link http://localhost

Thanks

2 Likes

Hi nmami,

Pls follow below step to get install ERPNext Version 12.

I have installed fresh ERPNext 12 on Ubuntu 18.0.4LTS on Windows Subsystem Linux
Ran the below command
sudo apt-get update && upgrade
Rebooted server
sudo mkdir -p /run/dbus
sudo service dbus start
sudo apt-get install python3-setuptools python3-minimal redis-server build-essential
created user netmanthan
sudo adduser netmanthan (Adding a new user erpnext)
sudo usermod -aG sudo netmanthan (giving proper permission)
su netmanthan (login as erpnext user)

Download the installation script by running below command:
sudo wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/frappe/bench/master/playbooks/install.py

Sudo -H python3 install.py --production --site netmanthan.local --user netmanthan

This will install the ERPNEXT. After this I have updated the bench by running below command:

cd erp_bench/
bench update

I have accessed the application using the link http://localhost

If you have any query please let me know.

2 Likes