Please share your implementation stories

Dear Friends,

We have recently joined ERP NEXT Family.

At present , Implementation is in progress.

Can you share your implementation stories, like what were the issues
before you and how you tacled those. and what to take care of.

We beileve that as a product ERPNEXT is very useful for SME like ours.

This will help others to understand the challenges and lern from your
experiences.

Regards,

Nipun Kumar

Dear Mr Kumar,

I think you have embarked upon a journey which would be very useful for you and your organisation. There a some points to be noted which I think the team at ERPNEXT would also concur to:

1. Implementation is supposed to be much easier than other ERP’s or similart products but some one in your organisation should know how to make CSV’s.
  2. The application is fully customizable and for this there are two options:
  • First is going to the team and asking for a customization quote, though this is the easiest option and given the price at which these people work it is also the best option for customization which involve some degree of expertise. 
  • But do understand that an ERP is going to need a lot of small changes which I think should be done in-house otherwise the cost of a coder would have to be borne, so for small customizations I generally would suggest people to go the DIY way. As it is, they have made a beautiful piece of code which makes life a lot easier if you want to do any small customization.
  • Go slow initially with the modules, take your time in each module and give ample time for people in your organisation to understand each module.
    • Personally speaking I had started out with this ride in Oct-2010 and till now, I have implemented only the CRM or the Sales module & Stock Module which covers Quotation, Sales Orders and Delivery Notes etc.
    • Now I am in the process of implementing the Accounting module and hope I would be able to kick out TALLY from my company. So I gave people like 2 months to have a hands on experience with the software and when me and my team was happy we moved forward with another module.
  • Somethings are missing in this ERP which I am sure these gurus implement:
    • A solid CRM (so if you want this to be your major priority then you will have to wait for some time)
    • Though the user controls are awesome, I still feel the security can be breached in WEB BASED ERPs and not just this one. The major concern with regards to the security is that if you give access to a person to see your data then he can download and sell the same to your competitors easily (that is if he is computer savvy). It is because of this thing even  I am also a bit concerned about giving access to the system to all the people in my company.
    Anyhow, I would still recommend this product to all the people as I am sure the pit-falls would be covered very easily and quickly by the team. If you want to see my blog then click here. I hope this helps you in some way or the other.

Hi Aditya,

Thanks for sharing your experience with other users in the forum. This is the first user-to-user interaction in our erpnext forum. I think it will definitely motivate other users also to contribute in the forum.

We will definitely look into the matters you have mentioned as per our time schedule.

Thanks once again.

Regards,
    Nabin Hait

On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 9:06 PM, Aditya Duggal <ad…@rigpl.com> wrote:

Dear Mr Kumar,

I think you have embarked upon a journey which would be very useful for you and your organisation. There a some points to be noted which I think the team at ERPNEXT would also concur to:

1. Implementation is supposed to be much easier than other ERP's or similart products but some one in your organisation should know how to make CSV's.
    2. The application is fully customizable and for this there are two options:
      • First is going to the team and asking for a customization quote, though this is the easiest option and given the price at which these people work it is also the best option for customization which involve some degree of expertise.
      • But do understand that an ERP is going to need a lot of small changes which I think should be done in-house otherwise the cost of a coder would have to be borne, so for small customizations I generally would suggest people to go the DIY way. As it is, they have made a beautiful piece of code which makes life a lot easier if you want to do any small customization.
    3. Go slow initially with the modules, take your time in each module and give ample time for people in your organisation to understand each module.
      • Personally speaking I had started out with this ride in Oct-2010 and till now, I have implemented only the CRM or the Sales module & Stock Module which covers Quotation, Sales Orders and Delivery Notes etc.
      • Now I am in the process of implementing the Accounting module and hope I would be able to kick out TALLY from my company. So I gave people like 2 months to have a hands on experience with the software and when me and my team was happy we moved forward with another module.
    4. Somethings are missing in this ERP which I am sure these gurus implement:
      • A solid CRM (so if you want this to be your major priority then you will have to wait for some time)
      • Though the user controls are awesome, I still feel the security can be breached in WEB BASED ERPs and not just this one. The major concern with regards to the security is that if you give access to a person to see your data then he can download and sell the same to your competitors easily (that is if he is computer savvy). It is because of this thing even I am also a bit concerned about giving access to the system to all the people in my company.
    Anyhow, I would still recommend this product to all the people as I am sure the pit-falls would be covered very easily and quickly by the team. If you want to see my blog then click here. I hope this helps you in some way or the other.