[Proposal] Manufacturing Roadmap Apr - Jun 2020

Thanks for the detailed explanation.
So we will add both features, user will create the single template BOM and will create the variant’s work order using that BOM as well provision to make the BOM for the variant using Template BOM. We will allow user to select the template item as a raw materials in the template BOM. To make variant’s BOM / Work Order, user needs to select the variant item against the template raw material (we will add the popup for that).

3 Likes

Hi @jalajc

We are thinking on the Barcode/Qrcode feature to complete the operations. But we need to understand how operator will work on multiple job cards with barcode/qrcode. For example there are 10 Job Cards, so does operator punch each job card to start/complete operations? It will be great if you could explain using the real use case.

This is super awesome!

For inventory forecasting, please allow us to change how long is the sales period used to calculate the forecast

For F&B business, we can add multiple outlets in a year. so last year data is not useful because each new shop opening will cause a stable increase of new sales from the Central Kitchen perspective

So if we have a new shop that just opened, we might need to use sales data only for the last month, because a yearly forecast will result in an underforecast number

1 Like

Awesome!!

This should be addressed, and is a small develop if we follow the method proposed by djpalshikar

1 Like

@bobiskandar
Sure, will give the filters to select the period as well we are thinking to create this report based on item code, warehouse. Does this helpful in the case of new shop?

@rohit_w please make it optional. Since we have defined a BOM for each variant. We should able to carry on the way we have been doing.
Thanks.

System will check whether BOM is available or not against the variant item. If available then it will use that BOM else check for the Template BOM

Sounds great!
Thank youuu

Great proposal, like the added features.

I definitely see an interest in integration between ERPNext and Frepple. What feedback have you gotten? Is this something being worked on?

I’ve tested frepple and it looks very promising.
How can I support to make this integration a reality?

If you are willing to support the development or we start a crowdfunding for the project. I can deploy resources and we start weekly planning sessions

1 Like

Crowfunding will be great
How to start?

We two can start planning on the integration and then propose a project plan with timeline. I can deployed developers and we start with a crowd funded project where you can start as the first funder. https://www.ketto.org/

1 Like

I am newbie to frepple so I’m not the right person to give the specs documentation
Do you have operational experience with frepple?

Yes I do. I can show a demo but we have to involve other people from the community

2 Likes

Hi Asoral,

How do you propose we move forward?
Looking forward to see how I can support the frepple integration

I’d like to join in to the project.

Will this automatically update the transfer from stock to WIP to account for extra raw materials?
Will this automatically update the transfer from WIP to raw materials stock if the operator does NOT use all of the material that was part of the original transfer?

Then why no mention of the “Scrap Management” function?!?
This is something that has been a significant complaint against the manufacturing module for a very long time. It currently requires a person of higher permissions or role permission to move any raw materials to the scrap warehouse, move remaining raw materials to the raw materials stock location, and move any defective finished or partially finished product to scrap all manually!!

This should be something the production line worker can do via some simple function to id bad finished or partially finished product, defective raw material, etc.

And finally…

Over and Under production. There needs to be a way to call a production order to “Completed” status if it were not possible to produce the entire amount. If the production order is as a result of demand created by sales orders or other means then those processes must also be notified there will not be enough product to support the sales order or other demand.

Currently the production order must be set to “Stopped” but this prevent the available reports that search by doc status to find completed production orders. It seems it would be smarter to complete the work order and then set a red flag that it did not fulfill the demand request.

Over production
Under production
Scrap Management

These are the items that continue to make the current system unusable.

Just my opinion…

BKM

4 Likes

Let us arrange an online conference call with agenda-

1. Discussion on challenges in production planning in erpnext
  2. Integration planning
  3. Team formation planning
  4. Timeline and release schedule planning
  5. Weekly meet planning

We would need some sme too