Separating healthcare module into an app

Yes, @kisg.

Frappe/ERPNext will have its own release cycle and the all the apps will have separate release cycle.

10 Likes

Thanks Rushabh!

Committed to this!

5 Likes

Will healthcare have “Accounting”, “Buying” etc? Because they need to buy lab equipment, hire nurses, pharamcy (retail) / selling, and pretty much everything in ERPNext.

Healthcare app is dependent on ERPNext. When you install healthcare, it automatically installs ERPNext.

So all the things that are present in ERPNext will be present in healthcare as well.

5 Likes

Hi,
How to install healthcare app in ERPNext docker container?

Once you have container with frappe/erpnext running, you can ssh into it and install it like any other app.

$ bench get-app health
$ bench --site demo.com install-app health

This should install health app on it.

1 Like

Thank you for your quick response,

Sorry but I didn’t find image frappe/erpnext in Docker. i don’t know if it’s the same as frappe/erpnext-worker. because i followed the tuto on create custom app inside docker container as described here. I achieved that successfully. but now with healthcare would be separated also i didn’t find how to install it.

Following these commands in frappe/erpnext-worker container

$ bench get-app health

shows me this error

Usage: bench frappe [OPTIONS] COMMAND [ARGS]...
Try 'bench frappe --help' for help.

Error: Only Frappe framework bench commands are available in container setup.
https://frappeframework.com/docs/v13/user/en/bench/frappe-commands

No such command 'get-app'.

Thanks

Breaking the monolith was not a good idea at the beginning. If this goes on, I am cocksure that it will be remembered as one of the critical setbacks of the project.