Shopify Sync issues

I’m on ERPNext 10 and the shopify connector reads ERPNext Shopify: v2.0.26 (develop) (dated 4th of April, 2018). Upon setting up the shopify connector and syncing for the first time it set all the product prices on the shopify store to 0.

Another issue is, in the shopify connector log I can see that it synced customer and items but no sales orders were synced.

Is this particular connector considered to be in a working state or is using this shopify connector installed through the app installer (within ERPNext) not recommended anymore?

I followed the official docs guide for setting the connector up. Creating a private shopify app etc

EDIT

ERPNext 11 and 12 seem to have problems syncing with Shopify as well, so let’s focus on that instead.

Quoting the Github issue I raised here:

After setting up a private shopify app and configuring the API, Password, Shared Secret fields and configuring the mappings the connector is not pulling any new orders.

The connector doesn’t create the webhooks sections in Shopify Settings, which seems to be the issue here.

There is no indication of what is wrong as no shopify logs are being created.

I set up Shopify in ERPNext 11 and again it doesn’t pull any sales orders. No issues in the logs either, they are empty. Has anyone managed to make shopify work or is it simply broken right now?

I seem to have the same issue as here. No webhooks are being created.

Anyone? At the very least, can someone confirm that shopify integration works fine for them in ERPNext 11?

We had issues too and decided to not implement it

That’s unfortunate, considering I’m seeing problems raised a year ago without any solution, but thank you for the response.

1 Like

To help inform your audience [ERPNext 11 & 12] Shopify Connector in non-working state? · Issue #18898 · frappe/erpnext · GitHub

"There is no indication of what is wrong as no shopify logs are being created.

Is this a known issue?"

Possibly yes, so troubleshoot that first - note this v11 report a year ago on development branch

Is this a known issue?"

Possibly yes, so troubleshoot that first

Troubleshoot whether it’s a known issue, is that what you mean? Well I have seen no official confirmation anywhere so to anyone reading this feel free to chime in.

Both you and @Zia_Akbari here Manual sync is removed and auto sync is not working in ShopifyERPNext - #10 by Zia_Akbari

found no Shopify specific logs. So troubleshoot that first.

@Nahuel_Nso perhaps can shed light here too.

I’m not sure what kind of troubleshooting is expected. Please explain.

Good question! Troubleshooting is just problem solving or debugging - what any of us must do when something doesn’t work as expected!

It’s a systematic trial and error experimental process. The steps generally are:

1. Ask a Question
  2. Form a Hypothesis - a theory to test and answer the Question
  3. Design and perform an experiment to test the Hypothesis
  4. Observe and analyse the actual versus expected result
  5. Form a Conclusion.
  6. Repeat 1-5 based on 5

So when something fails to work as expected, in our case step 4) is to check the logs - including /var/log/* - to identify what actually occurred is key!

That all sounds nice in theory but I couldn’t find anything about shopify in any of the logs that looked relevant or of any actual help.

It surely it would be more beneficial for all parties involved if any one of the ERPNext devs could quickly debug the issue to confirm what is the cause e.g. if there have been some API changes on Shopify’s end that rendered the connector unusable. That’s considering the fact that the ERPNext foundation is advertising a product with Shopify compatibility baked in and yet I haven’t gotten a single positive confirmation that it works as advertised, just have been reading threads and github issues about how it is indeed broken but they can’t get hold of the developer that was originally responsible for the connector’s creation.

I hope you understand my frustration.

I can’t help with this. We tried the Shopify integration a lot of time ago. Sorry.

Absolutely stay tuned this community is all about sharing and resolving that!

The big question here is whether you found anything or nothing - that is key - what did you find where?

Ensure your Scheduler is running…

The big question here is whether you found anything or nothing - that is key - what did you find where?

Upon searching for the keyword “shopify” in every single file in the logs folder I didn’t get a single result. So my guess is, well it’s kind obvious as already mentioned in the gihub issue I raised, the connector is failing to add webhook bindings as evident from their section missing in the shoppify settings page.

Ensure your Scheduler is running…

I’m not aware what the Scheduler is for, could you explain? And also how it would help in the context of the issue at hand?

I run the command “bench --site (my site) enable-scheduler” successfully. What did that achieve? Searching for “scheduler” using the universal search inside ERPNext didn’t yield any results.

Well, that’s odd but search the forum and you will find many q&a gems, nor do you need me for that!

Already did reading up on the scheduler and I can’t see how it is related to the shopify issue.

Is this what you are referring to?

From my understanding and saurabh6790’s explanation in the thread I linked (and then you linked again), the Shopify connector since version 11 is using webhooks. This means that as soon as an order is made Shopify sends a sync request over webhooks and then ERPNext uses the request to create the order. Which brings me back to the issue that I already mentioned before, the webhooks have not been registered successfully and hence the sync problem.

The sync process does NOT happen through a scheduled task.

I’m relinking the screenshot from the aforementioned thread for clarity

The webhook records do not appear for me, neither in version 11 or 12.

Could you perform a quick test on your setup? I could give you the api details/ passwords of a test shopify store I set up just for this purpose.