Site Name and FQDN

I just completed the installation (finally, whew).

I am not by any way an expert on this stuff, so I apologize if this is a simple question.

My server has a dedicated IP address. My idea was to use a ddns for the end users to use instead of the naked IP address. I have the ddns setup to point to the IP address using a Type A record. The URL is mazars.ddns.net

I setup the etc/hosts to be
161.98.157.227 mazars.ddns.net mazars

The hostname of the server to be mazars in /etc/hostname

I did bench new-site erpnext.mazars.ddns dot net.

Now that the installation is completed, now what? I typed in erpnext.mazars.ddns dot net and it says: “erpnext.mazars.ddns dot net’s DNS address could not be found. Diagnosing the problem. DNS_PROBE_POSSIBLE”

I also tried mazars.ddns dot net:8000. I am sure it is obvious I am doing something wrong, so I appreciate some guidance. Thank you in advance.

(Sorry I had to replace the period with the word “dot” as it counted those as links, to which I can only post 2)

Do you know you can get a name like mazars.work from namecheap for $2.50 a year?

You can also get a free account on cloudflare that provides you with an HTTPS face to the world, with a disguised IP address, so you can be seen as … https://erp.mazars.work/ while running http://erp.mazars.work/ from your own server.

Cloudflare handles stuff like denial of service attacks and keeping your static pages up, live and usable while your server is offline completely.

2 Likes

Thank you for the suggestions. Once I get the settings to work and can test the ERP, I will look into these two options, because I do like what you say.

But even with these two options, how do I setup my server to be accessed?

Why do you need to use a ddns when you have a dedicated static ip?

Did you run bench setup nginx and sudo bench setup production $sitename

Now, I logged into the server, and all the folders are not there anymore. I will reinstall and try again.

I following the tutorial on YouTube: How to Install Step By Step ERPNext on Ubuntu 20.04 || frappe || Erpnext || Tamil || Linux || ubuntu - YouTube

It did not include your two command: “sudo bench setup production $sitename”

Also, I had to do “Bench Start”. Then I got the login screen. Thanks for all your help!

Make certain your site name exactly matches the domain name you wish to use:

├── Procfile
      :      :      :      :
├── sites
│   └── dev.erpnext.host
└── stop.py

So, dev.erpnext.host, must match :

Screenshot_2021-04-04_12-50-23

must match: