[Solved] Where does ERPNext get it's System Time and Date?

I cannot seem to get my system to on the correct time. So I was wondering where ERPNext gets its time and date information so I can try to figure out how to best fix the problem.

Right now the bios (hardware clock) is running with the local time. I cannot change the bios time because it is on a commercial VPS host. I am running Ubuntu 16.04 as the server. and I can set some things there.

In ERPNext I set the local time zone in all of my users, but all transaction posted in the system are exactly 4 hours behind. At this point I am just not sure wher to make changes to get everything to sync time properly.

BKM

1 Like

run sudo timedatectl set-timezone America/New_York (use your correct timezone) on your server

@felix

I ran “sudo timedatectl status” and the correct time, date and timezone were returned without having to make any changes. However, everything in ERPNext is still 4 hours behind. The return look like this:

root@ubuntu16:~# timedatectl status
Local time: Sun 2018-02-18 11:15:57 EST
Universal time: Sun 2018-02-18 16:15:57 UTC
RTC time: Sun 2018-02-18 16:15:56
Time zone: America/New_York (EST, -0500)
Network time on: yes
NTP synchronized: yes
RTC in local TZ: no
root@ubuntu16:~#

What am I missing? Setting the timezone to my time zone (America/New_York) didn’t fix anything. I also see a line that says RTC in local TZ = no

Is that my problem? how do I change the RTC to a local timezone? From what I read in the man page for timedatectl, it is not a good idea to make the RTC use local TZ.

BKM

There’s some settings per user you may wish to check vtoo

Here is an indication of the problem. See the screen grab below:

This screen grab is from the Sales Invoice screen. When I start a new sales invoice, the system thinks the timezone is America/Nome instead of America/NewYork.

In my user profile my timezone is set to America/New_York. So, how do I get the system to recognize the correct timezone?

All of the users on the system are set to America/New_York, but all of them get the same result pictured above.

Where else does one go to set the timezone? I have set it in the Ubuntu server and in all of my users.

BKM

Here is a screen grab from my user profile in ERPNext Users. I clearly shows the timezone should be America/New_York

But, everywhere I (and all other users) go in the system, ERPNext thinks we are in the America/Nome timezone.

I need a way to fix this.

BKM

What is your time zone in System Settings?

https://erpnext.org/docs/user/manual/en/setting-up/settings/system-settings

Excellent!! That is where the wrong time zone was hiding. Thank you. I had no idea it was in there. I was looking for it in Global Settings.

Please mark this as solved.

BKM