Transport Role Permissions and User Permissions from Development to Production

How do you transport Role Permissions and User Permissions from Development to Production environment?
Is there any fixtures that can be exported from Dev and imported to Prod?

Thank you.

1 Like

We make permission settings on live server too insted of migrating

For first time or in testing phase we use bench reset-perm command to transfer settings.

To transfer role, you can use export fixtures

Hi @kolate_sambhaji, thank you for the reply. We do an export fixtures for Roles as well.
But, wondering if there is a way to transport Role Permissions and User Permissions?

@asneha1
You can export user permission using export fixtures
For role permission, you can add it into doctype, changing in role permission will change your json file.

after updating server run bench reset-perms this will apply new permissions to live server.

Note. This will work for us, but we use it only for testing server which is given to client for Testing ERP in initial phase.

2 Likes

Hi @kolate_sambhaji
I am facing issue with export of role permission manager, as it gives blank value for fields parent / parentfield and parenttype for tabCustom DocPerm
I came across your above post which says

For role permission, you can add it into doctype, changing in role permission will change your json file.
Can you please elaborate, what is the above solution? thanks! for your time

I am having the same issue, as I want to migrate the role permission and user permission from development to production, any ideas? Thank you very much.