Unable to install a custom app

I am trying to install a custom app that was built by another team into my bench using the bench command to install-app

However installation fails giving the following error: (any help is appreciate to get this installed)

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/lib/python3.7/runpy.py”, line 193, in _run_module_as_main
main”, mod_spec)
File “/usr/lib/python3.7/runpy.py”, line 85, in _run_code
exec(code, run_globals)
File “/workspace/development/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/utils/bench_helper.py”, line 97, in
main()
File “/workspace/development/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/utils/bench_helper.py”, line 18, in main
click.Group(commands=commands)(prog_name=‘bench’)
File “/workspace/development/frappe-bench/env/lib/python3.7/site-packages/click/core.py”, line 764, in call
return self.main(*args, **kwargs)
File “/workspace/development/frappe-bench/env/lib/python3.7/site-packages/click/core.py”, line 717, in main
rv = self.invoke(ctx)
File “/workspace/development/frappe-bench/env/lib/python3.7/site-packages/click/core.py”, line 1137, in invoke
return _process_result(sub_ctx.command.invoke(sub_ctx))
File “/workspace/development/frappe-bench/env/lib/python3.7/site-packages/click/core.py”, line 1137, in invoke
return _process_result(sub_ctx.command.invoke(sub_ctx))
File “/workspace/development/frappe-bench/env/lib/python3.7/site-packages/click/core.py”, line 956, in invoke
return ctx.invoke(self.callback, **ctx.params)
File “/workspace/development/frappe-bench/env/lib/python3.7/site-packages/click/core.py”, line 555, in invoke
return callback(*args, **kwargs)
File “/workspace/development/frappe-bench/env/lib/python3.7/site-packages/click/decorators.py”, line 17, in new_func
return f(get_current_context(), *args, **kwargs)
File “/workspace/development/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/commands/init.py”, line 25, in _func
ret = f(frappe._dict(ctx.obj), *args, **kwargs)
File “/workspace/development/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/commands/site.py”, line 188, in install_app
for site in context.sites:
TypeError: ‘NoneType’ object is not iterable

This may help Frappe error when running commands

Now it’s a different problem -
bench install-app [appname]
gives the error:
Could not fin app “appname”

I pulled the app successfully using bench get-app

Any points on how I can install the custom apps?

Try this:

frappe@ubuntu1804lts:~/frappe-bench$ bench list-apps
frappe
erpnext

frappe@ubuntu1804lts:~/frappe-bench$ bench install-app --help
Usage: bench  install-app [OPTIONS] [APPS]...

Install a new app to site, supports multiple apps

Options:
  --help  Show this message and exit.
frappe@ubuntu1804lts:~/frappe-bench$ ls -al apps/
total 16
drwxrwxr-x  4 frappe frappe 4096 Feb  5 19:37 .
drwxrwxr-x  7 frappe frappe 4096 Feb  4 03:45 ..
drwxrwxr-x  9 frappe frappe 4096 Apr  1 13:33 erpnext
drwxrwxr-x 12 frappe frappe 4096 Apr  1 13:28 frappe

No luck still: getting the same error.

To search the local file system do this Where do I go to setup Backups in new v8 - #19 by clarkej

You switch to stable version of ERPNext, install the app and then upgrade to the v13. I’ve recently had lots of issues with some custom scripts on v13 which work just fine on v12.

Also, when u want to install apps, you should set the site you want the app installed to. E.g, bench —site mysite —install-app etc…