[V7] Offline POS Functionality

Thanks! @rohit_w in the midst of scurrying for a solution I may have failed to look at the pos profiles properly. On the access; my local site is on VM and I have an online account.

Also note that we have a small shop running this pos for weeks now without issue; this was noticed with the latest update. So I’ll check all you have listed. Many thanks.

@rohit_w as an aside; can you assist with this? We would like to have the split payment functionality of the new POS in the previous one; Can you share some insights or the script we can add to the pos.py file to enable this split payment in the older pos, for now you know you can select one payment type in the pay popup; we would love to be able to capture multiple for the bill. Thanks for the help so far.

HI @noetico,

Check below code

Thanks @rohit_w‎ for the patience and responses, so if I add this to the pos.py are you confirming I will have the split payment checkout screen on the old pos? is a copy and paste good to go or I need modifications. We would love to have the convenience of using the checkout screen to collect different tenders amounting to the total as we have on the offline pos; kindly confirm where we can inject your code.

Kent@Live Mail

We’re trying to do this on v6.14 of erpnext; the pos.py doesn’t seem to have any portions containing this method.

Hi @rohit_w

Trust you’re doing great. There seem to still be some critical issues with the POS functionality. After selecting a serialized item in the POS, I tried increasing the quantity by clicking on the + button. An error message pops up saying that quantity is not the same as Serial Numbers provided. The quantity then automatically reduces to 0 and I’m able to change it to any figure afterwards (without entering serial numbers)!

I’m also able to complete payment and print receipt! The transaction however stays in offline records and doesn’t get synced. Subsequent POS transactions with the same item also did not get synced and remain in offline records. Unfortunately, there is no way to clear these records and they also do not appear in the Sales Invoice list

From time to time, an error pops up saying “Duplicate name Error Log Error-00001”. It appears as though error logs from the POS always try to print as ‘Error-00001’ even though a previous error already exists with that ID. The first time I checked, it was an error message that the user didn’t have permission for submission of Sales Invoice. After I updated the permissions, I had to delete the error log (Error-00001) and then the next error message says serial numbers are required for the item. This is a persistent error message which gets printed every time the offline records try to sync. Please note as I mentioned earlier that error logs always try to print as ‘Error-00001’ so I always need to delete the log before the next one gets printed!

Please help look into this

Many thanks

1 Like

Also, the same issue occurs when I update the rate on the POS screen. An error message pops up saying that quantity is not the same as Serial Numbers provided. The quantity then automatically reduces to 0 and I’m able to change it to any figure afterwards (without entering serial numbers)!

Hi @wale

Thanks for reporting an issue, will are making some changes in the POS to fix this issues.
If you making an order for serialized item, search the serial no in the item’s search box and product will automatically add into the cart, for more details please check below link

Hi @rohit_w

Trust you’re doing great. We really need a solution to this problem. All sales in the last one week have not been synced due to this issue! Every new sale for both serialized and non-serialized items just ends up in the offline records list! The Duplicate Name Error for the Error Log continues to pop up whenever we try syncing offline records

This is quite a critical issue and a quick fix will be greatly appreciated if possible

Many thanks

Hi @rohit_w

Trust you’re doing well. Could you please confirm if these issues have been fixed in v7.2 which is due to be released day after tomorrow? I would have tested on the demo site myself but unfortunately, there are no serialized items there yet

Thanks

Hi @wale,

We have added feature to delete the offline records in the v7.2.

Hi @rohit_w

That’s good but it’s not the main issue. I explained these issues in my earlier posts on this thread:

1. Updating the price of a serialized item in POS screen causes an error message following which quantity goes to zero
  2. Clicking on + or - (qty) button in POS screen also causes an error message following which quantity goes to zero
  3. Once quantity goes to zero in either of the above scenarios, + or - button can be used to change it to any number without entering additional serial numbers
  4. In all of the scenarios above where quantity is not the same as serial numbers entered, the POS still allows the user to complete payment and print receipt!
  5. When issue no. 4 in this list happens (i.e. Completing a POS transaction when quantity is not equal to serial numbers provided), the transaction remains in offline records and ALL subsequent transactions do not get synced anymore!
  6. There is no way to clear offline records

You have only mentioned a solution for issue no. 6 but what about 1 - 5? These are very critical issues to be encountering in a production environment and need urgent fixes

Thanks

Hi @wale

Thanks for explaining the issues again, we have identified and fixed the issues and soon we’ll release the fixes.

Thanks

Awesome! That’s music to my ears :slight_smile:

Please let us know once the fixes are released

Thanks

Hi @rohit_w

Trust you’re doing great. Could you please confirm the status of fixes? I tried out a v7.2.1 account and observed that editing the price in the POS screen still takes quantity to zero

Also, I didn’t find the option to delete offline records. Could you please explain the exact steps to delete offline records?

Thanks

Hi @wale,

I am checking the issue and soon get back to you on the issue.

Kindly enable the allow delete checkbox in the POS profile

Hi @rohit_w

Thanks for the clarification. Awaiting your feedback on the issue

Also, how do you determine which users can update price in the POS screen? It appears all users can do this!

Please advise

Thanks

Hi @wale,

I identified and fixed the issue, rate update access was not restricted previously but now we have given provision to allow user to edit the rate in the POS profile. By default rate field will be disabled and user has to enable in the pos profile . Also added provision to create new customer from the POS screen.
Currently pull request is under review and soon we’ll release all this features.

Thanks

Hi @rohit_w

You’re the man! I hope this gets released soonest. Please keep us posted

Many thanks

Hi @rohit_w

Happy New Year! Any update on the fixes? Also, when a user is allowed to edit rates in the POS Screen, is there an option to restrict them to enter only rates that are higher than the Price List Rate? This is a common practice in retail

Thanks