[version-11] ERPNext Chat

@dominik - There you go!

PR - 🎉 🎉 🎉Website Chat + Desktop Chat View + Attachments and Media by achillesrasquinha · Pull Request #5242 · frappe/frappe · GitHub

7 Likes

Awesome job, we will check this out in the develop branch once merged. This is an awesome feature.

Great job, Can we add notifications to appear in chat window? notifications like email alert.
Best regards,

2 Likes

what is the latest stable version now running?

Only from v11
And v11 is not production yet.

1 Like

V10 LTS is the stable version now.
V11 beta is released for testing, you can test it in developer mode.

following the successful release of Chat in v11, I noticed that there is currently no way to delete an existing chat. So I want to find out if this can be included so users can be able to delete their chat history as is possible on other chat platforms.

2 Likes

I suggest you create a Github issue…

Cheers!

Github issue created.

https://github.com/frappe/erpnext/issues/16606

2 Likes

We put the chat enabled on our settings (fresh new installation of version 11 today). We can see it on the admin side but can we get it also on website / public part of the system?

2 Likes

Is there an option to show notification counter in chat icon in the bar for unread message

it will be really usable

Hello, I am in version 11.1 erpnext with the new chat icon upper bar … the issue is that when you type a chat in it only appears if you exit and come back in … it is not showing in realtime, but only shows upon reentry … I am also experiencing inability to upload files larger than about 10kb, and understand socketio handles this as well… anyone have any ideas? I am getting the ‘File upload disconnected’ error for these uploads and wonder if they are related. Thanks for looking!

1 Like

So it turns out this is related to sockitio, and how it needs to resolve to a hostname now, and not just an ip address or localhost:8000. I followed mattlongfield suggestion here and it also resolved this issue so that chats are now immediately appearing and not just when you exit and come back in:

I’ve solved some issues with the chat’s attachments in this PR: fix: Chat attachments not working by Don-Leopardo · Pull Request #7890 · frappe/frappe · GitHub

2 Likes

How can I Integrate Rocket chat

thank you

We’ve integrated Rocket Chat by using webhooks. We can listen to any event in Frappe/ERPNext and get a push notification from the rocket chat app, for example.

1 Like

Sounds Great do you have a code to share with the community i would love to test this :slight_smile:

@nomi-gee

1. Step: Create webhooks for the events you want to listen to in Frappé:
    Webhooks

2. Step: You need to create incoming webhooks in Rocket Chat, you can use the script found here, I use the same: https://docs.rocket.chat/guides/administration/administration/integrations#incoming-webhook-script

I don’t use it myself anymore, because I prefer the Frappé notifications, although they don’t support push notifications.

can you elaborate and help me out?