Want to localize some entries of Student Details. #HowTo

Hello erpNEXT community,

I came to know about the erpNEXT end of February, testing right now. To make it real testing, I had bought some school & a college admission form. Everything worked well; few questions arise when I demonstrate a govt. School teacher. I want to tribute my school for an upcoming year with erpNEXT.

Questions are:

1. Let’s say: Name, Parents Name, and a few more entries should be in Hindi(any regional language) as well.
  2. Similarly, a few entries in fee(in figures to in words) or date(01-01-2017 to January 01, 2017) model, for example: Let X student paid, 499 INR, also display or add input form where we can either automatically or manually input fee in words, Four Hundred Ninty Nine Rupees Only.
  3. A few entries are not required at this time or in future to that govt. school. Can we eliminate those inputs to reduce structure or help teacher to become confusion free?
    &
  4. I am newbie developer as well, want to contribute, downloaded erpNEXT-Dev as well, installed as well. But, how to customize existing code without adding app or anything and convert back to .vmdk.

Replies below.

1. Let’s say: Name, Parents Name, and a few more entries should be in Hindi(any regional language) as well.

Possible. You can enter data in any language. If needed, you can also change the language of user itself. Check: https://frappe.github.io/erpnext/user/manual/en/customize-erpnext/articles/set-language

1. Similarly, a few entries in fee(in figures to in words) or date(01-01-2017 to January 01, 2017)
    model, for example: Let X student paid, 499 INR, also display or add input form where we can either automatically or manually input fee in words, Four Hundred Ninty Nine Rupees Only.

Perhaps you can hide amount in words to remove complication. You can also contribute translation of ERPNext in the local language from here. https://translate.erpnext.com

1. A few entries are not required at this time or in future to that govt. school. Can we
    eliminate those inputs to reduce structure or help teacher to become confusion free? &

Can you name exact entry you want to skip? Did you try creating fee entry directly? That should be possible as well.

1. I am newbie developer as well, want to contribute, downloaded erpNEXT-Dev as well, installed as well. But, how to customize existing code without adding app or anything and convert back to .vmdk.

Join today webinar to learn how to customize and contribute ERPNext. Also, you can refer to our existing help videos.

Today’s webinar: Webinar on Best Practices for Customizing & Maintaining ERPNext locally

Existing Videos:

Hope this helps.