What is the Mysql default password?

Hi there,

Your MariaDB root password is not set by Frappe, and Frappe has no access to it.

If you installed via homebrew, I believe that there is no password set by default. Depending on your version, you might be able to set it using mysql_secure_installation. If that doesn’t work, you’ll have to investigate how to set/reset mariadb’s root password.

1 Like

try “password”

Thanks for the response. As of now, I have uninstalled the entire frappe setup, as I am trying it out through Docker. I will consider this utility if I came back to manual installation again.

Finally I got MariaDB installation working on MacOS Big Sur - thank God!

after a lot of time reading through many articles and not succeeding, I decided to read the code for the brew Formula for mariadb to see what it does - It sets an empty password. But then mysql_secure_installation does not accept when I press enter without entering any password. So, I changed the Ruby code to set a password and then reinstalled mariadb and restarted the services. Then I ran mysql secure installation and the password I set in the Ruby code worked. If anyone faces the same issue in Mac, I can offer detailed instructions as I have taken screenshots of the steps and issues faced in my notes app.

MariaDB Knowledge Base

2 Likes

Please , could you provide the detailed instructions for MacOS Silicon chip. I am having the same issue , no where to get the default password of MySql. ‘Blank’ does not work. Please , provide screenshots as well.

1 Like

I believe if you sudo mysql and enter any password, it would let you in :slight_smile:

Would you be able to provide screenshots? Thank you!

If you encounter this issue may be you are running frappe by cloning the frappe-docker branch in that case try the password in the DB_PASSWORD inside example.env that is found on the frappe-docker root path.

# example.env
DB_PASSWORD=123

hope it helps.

1 Like