About the Asset Management category

Welcome to the ERPNext Asset Management forum. The Asset Module in ERPNext has features to manage assets, depreciation, and buying, selling assets.

In this category, you can post questions, discuss, and help other community members with Asset related questions that pertain to ERPNext.

Before asking a question here, do go through the official ERPNext documentation to see if you can find your answers to your questions.

Here are some common topics in Assets that users may need help with:

1. Asset
  2. Asset Category
  3. Asset Maintenance
  4. Asset Repair
  5. Asset Value Adjustment
  6. Purchasing an Asset
  7. Selling an Asset
  8. Asset Depreciation
  9. Scrapping an Asset

When posting or replying, remember to be kind!

Hi, I have been using the very simple asset functionality of ErpNext before the development of this full-fledged asset management module.
Probably perfect for large companies with lots of expensive assets.

For a smaller company I feel it is an overkill.
Bought a $2000 new freezer and thought to give it a shot.
After hours of trying, reading the documentation, again and again I have given up.

Asset categories, all kind of in between and temporary accounts, depreciation schedules, and so on and so on…just to complex for the user running a small company who just want to record an asset.
Making manually a depreciation voucher at the end of the year (5 years 20% of Purchase price here in NL) is not such a big deal.

I have deleted my trials an will record the freezer as on non-itemized item and debit (or credit ?? :slight_smile: ) the fixture and furniture account.

An simplified procedure to record an asset would be appreciated