Account number is not shown in balance sheet or trial balance

Hello;

My chart of account has account number, already I selected this from the beginning.
Why the balance sheet and trial balance does not contain account numbers?

Regards
Bilal

try referring these 2 articles i found it really useful for myself might help you as well.

by MNtechnique -

https://bitbucket.org/mntechnique/ixsystems_erpnext/wiki/Home

I already set account number but why it didn’t show on Balance Sheet & Trial Balance report? Should I edit the script report? But if I do that, will that counted as editing core ERPNext that will make me won’t be able to get update patch?

Hello @janeadithas

I upgraded the erpnext and it is resolved. Currently I have ERPNext: v10.1.64 (master).
Please check if the upgrade is resolving your problem and let us know.

Regards
Bilal

Ok, I’ll try, thank you for your help :slight_smile:

Discovered bug and workaround in Version 12 Consolidated Financial Statement.
This might belong to another discussion thread but I’m posting it here as I’m still a newbie to this discussion group and hasn’t created a new thread yet.

Discovered bug in Version 12 Consolidated Financial Statement.

DON’T PUT A “-” AS PART OF THE ACCOUNT NUMBER OF AN ACCOUNT GROUP.

The standard chart of accounts with account numbers contain “-” as the account number of the account group; example is 1100-1600 for Current Account. The hyphen messes up the Consolidated Financial Report, where the total of the account group is shown as 0.
My workaround is to remove the “-”, so you can put 11001600 or 110. In my case where I use six digits, I use 1100 since I already have 110000 as the Cash on Hand account.

I’ll try reading the consolidated_financial_statement.py to confirm this.
Hopefully, somebody else can confirm this but and workaround.

Thanks a lot.

Bern Almazan

Good info!

To post a error traceback, screenshot or other details here or on github would help resolve what you have found thanks

FYI reported here [bug]chart of accounts importer via excel with number · Issue #21885 · frappe/erpnext · GitHub