Accounting Dimensions for Assets

Hello,

I hope this message finds you well. I wanted to bring to your attention an issue related to the automatic depreciation entries generated by the asset module.

I have configured the system by setting up the Department as an accounting dimension and assigning the respective department to each asset. However, I have encountered a discrepancy. When the depreciation journal entry is automatically generated, it seems that the Department information is not being registered.

In an attempt to rectify this, I made the Department a mandatory field using the Accounting Dimension Filter. However, this led to another issue as I received an error message stating “Failed to post depreciation entries.”

I find this disturbing as the Accounting Dimension, including the Department, is selectable in any journal entry. To illustrate, when I manually create a depreciation journal entry, I am able to choose the appropriate Accounting Dimension without encountering any errors.

I believe there may be an error when it comes to handle of automatic depreciation entries, as the manual entry process does not exhibit the same issue. Your assistance in resolving this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your attention to this concern.