Accounts issue when saving an invoice?

When trying to submit an invoice for one customer i get the following error.

Anyone have any thoughts?

going to the Chart of Accounts, and changing the Type of the mentioned account to ‘Profit and Loss’ should make this error message go away, I guess.

Is there any way to tell where this account is being referenced on the invoice?

Would it be on the item itself? or on the invoice?

Thanks.

I am guessing … one of the Items in the invoice has the Maintain Stock Option checked. That means the stock levels and with it the associated Account which records the value of those items on stock will be influenced by this transaction. So that may be the connection

That’s correct, all the items have that checked. Would it be proper accounting practice to have the account as a profet and loss acct?

first of all there is a mistake that I have introduced. You error does not say “Profit and Loss” but “Profit or Loss”.

Still I can’t really make much sense of that … existing Stock is an Asset (something you own). Also the field Account Type is not even mandatory. So maybe the error message is a bit misleading and it means “Income” (Profit), or “Expense”.

But this does not really make sense as existing stock should be an Asset. Sorry, don’t really know where to look further now.