Accounts Module Working Group

Thanks everybody for joining the call! With some of the connection issues, I think we might try a different service next week? I’m open to suggestions…

To recap:
Action items this week:

1. Tyler to set up a server for the group so we can be interacting with the same data on the same ERPNext branch, this will also allow us to try out new features like Saif’s Letters of Credit enhancement
  2. Collate GitHub issues with Accounts tag to help prioritize… there are just under 200 open issues though I think some of the oldest ones have been solved in V10 and V11
  3. Umair proposed we talk through the use cash for cash vs accrual and examine the if cash accounting functionality should be put into a regional module or not (we were talking about the US specifically, but I suspect that’s not isolated)

Looking forward to talking to you all next week!

2 Likes

Tyler kindly add me.
Telegram - @jaikejriwal

You are now part of the Telegram group

@glz - You also part of the group. Looking forward to good contribution.

Thank you.

Hi Everybody, calendar appointment for the call tomorrow:

Thanks so much Tyler

I am not sure this link is valid!?

It did open my Calendar, but responded ‘could not find the requested event’

Here’s another link, it seems to be working for me. May be an issue with how I’m publishing it?

I tried opening the link in a Chrome Incogito page, that prompted me to login, but same response.

I will PM you my email please if you’d email me that link…

same here…

I believe I have fixed it.

Yes fixed thanks so much!

@FinForce, @tmatteson,

I just got kicked off this telegram group without any warning after having only joined today (this must be a world record). To my knowledge, my only transgression was trying to explain (with screenshots) how we’d implemented bank reconciliation functionality. Are there some rules of engagement I was unaware of? It would probably have been more civil to let me know of them before yanking me off the group. That behaviour seems anti-open source and quite intolerant. Could you please address this attitude here and in the group? I’m a paying Foundation member and even if I wasn’t, unless it’s a private group, I find this type of behaviour quite alarming.

Update: the action I complain of in this post seems to have been done in error and I’ve now rejoined the group

Chude

I just changed around some permissions (I added additional Administrators, which I didn’t realize needed to be done), it is entirely possible that I did it by accident. There is no transgression, this seems to be an accident or some kind of glitch (for which I am most likely responsible).

Also, it looks like I was just able to reach you in the group on telegram?

@Chude_Osiegbu

Can you try rejoining via this link? I just removed you intentionally but it would not let me add you back.
https://t.me/joinchat/ENgPog3a41DIiFJtyHM7nQ

Hi,

Sadly, couldn’t join with that link. See error below.

Please try again now?

Got back in. Thanks.

Tyler, Could you please add me to the group? Thanks.

Sure, just send myself or @FinForce a PM with your telegram handle.

Bumping here and finding a way a roadmap of features and enhancements can be drawn up for others to pick up from.