Add custom field under "Accounting Entries" in New Journal Entry

Hello,

I needed to Add custom field called “Fund Organization” under “Accounting Entries” table when adding " New Journal Entry".

I was able to add the custom field through customization but I need this custom field to show under “General Ledger”. Is there a way to do so? Or how do I add custom field under “Accounting Entries” that will show under “General Ledger”.

Thank you

Hi @myhabesha,

To add a custom field in a Journal Entry is possible, although it’s not directly reflected in the General Ledger. If you want to include the new column in the General Ledger report, you need to create a custom report and configure it accordingly. However, if you want to add the custom field outside of the table, i.e. in the parent doctype, you can easily achieve this in the General Ledger by using ‘Add columns’.

Thank You!

Thank you so much for your help!!

Can you guide me on how to create a custom report please? Any link will be appreciated that will help me to generate a custom report that looks like the General Ledger type of report.

Thank you

Hi @myhabesha,

Please review the server script report video and also you have to check the base general ledger report.

I hope this helps.

Thank You!